Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving house

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: moving house

Hello @whistler2 currently wit costs £8.00 per month for the Anytime International call plan, however, after 3rd December with the price refresh the line add-on will cost £9.00 per month.

You can view the full breakdown of our existing call prices and the refresh costs by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch with us.

Many thanks.

whistler2
Grafter

Hi - as per the advice in this thread (specifically from post #5) where:

@Optimatts wrote:

"Obviously we'd love to retain your custom. Being perfectly honest, If you wanted to stay with us, you'd be much better served in moving property and taking out a new deal as my colleague suggested on the phone. You'll save money on your monthly bill with a discounted rate and also get unlimited usage."

I've just tried to order the "Unlimited BB and Line at £19.99 p/m" with the intention of then adding "Unlimited UK & Mobile calls at £8.00 p/m" for my rental address.

Unfortunately your web page seems to know I'm already a customer at my current address and won't allow me to. All it offers is a change to my current package at my current address. Can I not do this on-line?

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@whistler2 I'm afraid that house moves can only be processed over the phone on 0800 013 2632. The signup process on our website is for new customers, or in your case if you'd want to create an account at another address.

You won't be able to retain your landline number if you choose to create a new account at your new address online, because your number will already be active, but once the number is ceased at your current address we can look at renumbering your new line if possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
whistler2
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf - thanks for your reply.

@Gandalf wrote:

@whistler2 I'm afraid that house moves can only be processed over the phone on 0800 013 2632.

Sorry but that's the whole point of this thread. We've reached the conclusion that the best way to handle this is for me not to do this as a house move but rather to become a new customer at my new rental address.

@Gandalf wrote:

@whistler2 The signup process on our website is for new customers, or in your case if you'd want to create an account at another address.

(My bold for emphasis added to your quote)

Exactly, that's what we've been discussing - this is what I want to do. So how do I do that? As I've said your web page won't let me.

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @whistler2 

Yup I understand this. Are you entering your landline phone number when you're trying to sign up at your rental address? If you are then this will be the reason why you're unable to sign up a new account because you can only have 1 landline phone number attached to one account at any one time.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
whistler2
Grafter

@Gandalf - thanks for your reply.

I wasn't even getting the opportunity to enter a number. It was taking me straight to a screen that showed my current package at my current address and asked  for what I wanted to upgrade. Strangely I tried again this morning and this time I got a popup asking for post code and number. I entered my new rental postcode and away we went.

So,.. I've now signed up to a new service at my rental address. Looks like the line is ceased as I've paid the £49.99 installation charge and an engineer is booked for the a.m. of the 28th.

Next is to cancel my current service as soon as I get the go ahead on the house sale. (hopefully tomorrow).

Thanks for your help so far.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the clarification @whistler2 That's odd, I suspect that you were browsing over your Plusnet connection and our website identified that the IP address was a Plusnet one so redirected you to your account automatically.

Anywho it's good to see you've managed to sign up afresh at your new address. Thumbs_Up I hope your move goes smoothly in all aspects, not just the broadband/phone.

When you plan to move out of your rental property and into another presumably more permanent property, if you're still within a contract term at that point you'd need to go down our house moves process (Or pay an early termination fee and sign up again as a new customer at the new, new address if that's a cheaper and better way of doing things for you)

Let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
whistler2
Grafter

Thanks @Gandalf  - yes I wondered about the IP thing but it's the same machine at the same address so who knows.Undecided

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, bit of a mystery.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in relation to your house move.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
whistler2
Grafter

@Gandalf  et al. Well first the bad news

Well 'exchange of contracts' on my house move didn't happen as planned and I just heard today that there's a problem with the chain. Sadly this means we'll probably lose our rental as obviously the landlord can't hold it indefinitely. So just now I've had to cancel my phone and broadband with PN at the rental. It was due to be installed this coming Monday.

The good news

PN customer services were excellent. The phone was answered within 2 minutes and @Marz dealt with my cancellation request politely and efficiently. My thanks to him for removing at least one stressful issue without drama. Well done PN.

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us and thanks for the feedback @whistler2 

I'm sorry to see your house move has fallen through. 

We aim to make moving as stress free as possible at least from our side of things.

Feel free to let us know how things go and if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet