cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

madasafish transfer out - update IPS tag

eventide

madasafish transfer out - update IPS tag

Hi all (first post),
I've paid the £25.54 fee for a domain transfer out from madasafish, but it still hasn't been completed as yet (1st June). Request/payment was made on 27th May 2015 (Service notice | ID: SN231363524).
Can anyone advise the quickest way to request that madasafish change the IPS TAG of the domain to 'ENIXLTD' ?
9 REPLIES 9
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: madasafish transfer out - update IPS tag

Welcome to the forums.
If there is a service notice I assume a ticket was raised? Since you've raised this here I imagine it will be picked up tomorrow.
David
David
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to see this hasn't been done yet.
I've raised a request to the relevant team and this should get done shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
eventide

Thank you David and Matthew for the quick responses. I guess that the request that Matthew raised did the trick as the tag was updated earlier today. Thanks again
NoMoreFish

I'm leaving Madasafish, and have had a similar problem.
I did the online domain transfer. Within 90 minutes, the parking of the domain on my email account was removed (or was it removal of the name servers?). Either way, I stopped receiving emails to the domain, but a day later, the IPS tag has still not been changed at Nominet, so my new ISP can't take over registration and hosting. To my mind, the first action should be done at the same time as the second, to minimise downtime for a domain owner's traffic.
Customer service has now admitted that there is a problem with the Madasafish online domain transfer system, '... can get stuck'. If you need to move your domain, what you might do is speak to customer service after you've placed the online request, say that you're aware of the issue that's specific to the Madasafish online system, and ask the assistant to raise a ticket requesting the change directly with the hostmaster of the domain team. Quote the new IPS tag name. I've been promised that this will speed things up.
Better still, don't use their online system at all. You can do this yourself at Nominet. You have an account with them by virtue of being the domain owner. If finding the login details is difficult, there's a means to reset the password. You need to use the email address which is registered with Madasafish as account administrator. This is where I came unstuck, because after starting the process with Madasafish, my domain email address wasn't working anymore...
Changing with Nominet will be quicker and it will only cost you £10 instead of £25.54.
Channelman

And still BrainAsAFish haven't improved.

After one month being unable to upload anything to my website, I decided to change to

a different host. I requested to have the IPS TAG released to my new host on 19th April,

money taken on the 20th April, and here I am on the 25th and it's still not happened.

I'm now considering claiming my £25 back and taking the nominet route.

My new provider says it should have been free to release it anyway.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Channelman wrote:
After one month being unable to upload anything to my website, I decided to change to

a different host.

Sorry to hear you're transferring away. At the risk of sounding pedantic, it shouldn't have been a month. The change that led to the issue arising was rolled live on the evening of the 7th Huh

I requested to have the IPS TAG released to my new host on 19th April,

money taken on the 20th April, and here I am on the 25th and it's still not happened.

Can you message me your account username and/or domain name and I'll take a look? Apologies for the hassle. You shouldn't have been left waiting so long.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Channelman

@bobpullen

PM sent.

Regards,

Channelman

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Thanks. Should now be sorted:

Registrar:
        Paragon Internet Group Ltd t/a Tsohost [Tag = UKWEBHOSTING]
        URL: http://www.tsohost.co.uk

Relevant dates:
        Registered on: 20-Jan-2006
        Expiry date:  20-Jan-2018
        Last updated:  26-Apr-2016

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Channelman

Thanks for the help Bob. The transfer is now complete.

I would probably have stayed with Madasafish if the problem had been acknowledged,

but I had no notification of the problem. In fact the ticket, quoted below, says that the

problem was on my side.

Ticket #123494918 dated 8th April

Thank you for your recent contact regarding access to your webspace.
Using your login credentials I have been able to access the ftp server and upload files to the webspace with no issues.
Please have a look at the following page for advice on how you can access this yourself.
<a href="http://www.madasafish.com/support/features/my_webspace/ftp_settings/">FTP Settings</a>
If you are still having issues then there may be an issue with the software you are using to access the server.

I knew it wasn't a problem with my software because straight ftp and filezilla had been tried on 3 different machines and in fact had work for many years

Best regards,

Channelman