cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

joomla help

alanh2a
Grafter

joomla help

Hi, wonder if anyone can help, i'm trying to put a Joomla 2.5 site on my webspace.  I'm new to this so bear with me.
As far as i know i've done all the correct things, created database, switched on MySQL and uploaded via the cshell server, ftp show's everything uploaded ok. But on opening webpage it just shows Index of? and then blank.
I am hoping it's something like the permissions need changing? or have i missed something i needed to do at PN end?
If it is permissions, any advice on where these are within the uploaded files? and how i go about changing them. Many thanks in anticipation.
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: joomla help

Did you check the minimum requirements before attempting the install?
[quote=http://www.joomla.org/technical-requirements.html]MySQL 5.0.4
Version on CCGI: 4.1.11
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Have you uploaded Joomla into your ccgi webroot (/) or into its own folder? Either should work as long as you use the appropriate path to the Joomla set-up/configuration script. Did you upload the files as ASCII?
On ccgi you do need to be careful to set file permissions correctly (and ignore anything the Joomla guides suggest to the contrary). File permission requirments are detailed in the CGI Platform PHP Upgrade FAQ. That article provides a link to a forum topic here where you will find a script which helps get all file and directory permissions set correctly. The post explains how to use this script.
However, even if you sort out file locations and permissions you will still NOT be able to install Joomla 2.5 because, as Jelv says MySQL needs to be at least version 5.0.4 but sadly we still have only version 4.1.11 on ccgi. Sad
You would need to go back to Joomla version 1.7.x for MySQL compatibility.
David
alanh2a
Grafter

ahh, seems i am wasting my time then as it is done in v2.5 Sad
pcathomerepairs
Grafter

if you want to use the latest open source software
you will need to move hosting account pn done support or dont
upgrade fast enuf