cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.ie domains

figwart

.ie domains

sorry if this has been asked before I have been looking for a while and can't find the answer
If I get a .ie domain from another provider is it posible to direct it to my plusnet webspace and plusnet email if so how can it be done or is it only posible to use the domains listed on the domain transfer page.
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable

Re: .ie domains

Welcome to the forums - glad to have you on board the PlusNet Community site!
It is possible, and not too difficult to do, however not being a huge webby type person I can't advise the best way forward.
I am aware however that PN are not the best person to buy domain renewals from, and there is advice floating about to only use them for hosting your domain, but not for registration.
I suspect as the evening progresses, you'll get a multitude of responses detailing the best way forward for you.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

In case you were not aware... To get a .ie domain name you must:
Be an individual with a registered Irish address, or to registered Incorporated Irish organizations.
It may be possible to get one if you can show you do a lot of business with Ireland.
http://www.redrhino.co.uk/ie-irish-domain-name-registration.htm
The pricing may put you off though as I have not seen a price less than £50 for 1 year!
Also I don't think PlusNet support hosting .ie domains anyway.

figwart

Thank you for the welcome
I noticed plusnet weren't best for purchasing thats why I am going elsewhere the problem is I can't really see anyway to use a .ie domain for plusnet email hopefully it is simple enough like you said cause I am an idiot
I am aware of the requirements for .ie domains I'm quite sure I will be able to pass but have emailed them to be sure also aware they are much more expensive but thats not up to me i am researching this info for someone else. I know plusnet don't support them for renewal just hoping they will support the hosting only option.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
Just to confirm, we would not be able to register a .ie domain, but would have no issues in hosting one for you.
figwart

Thats what i was hoping for thank you Jameseh