cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 plus not connecting to wifi

NitaDot

iPhone 7 plus not connecting to wifi

Hi

I have an iPhone 7 plus which will not connect to my router.  I have tried resetting the router, resetting my phone etc etc but nothing works.  Can anyone help?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: iPhone 7 plus not connecting to wifi

Welcome to  the forums @NitaDot 

A little more information would help - like error messages, how you are trying to connect, are other devices connecting?

From my admittedly limited experience, iPhones connect very easily.

John
NitaDot

Hi - we have several other devices that have all connected with no issue.  The error message I get on my phone is that I have entered an incorrect password.   I tried to connect this morning and it worked for about 5 mins then I lost connection and am getting the password error message everytime I try to reconnect.  I'm wondering if it's the phone, rather than the router?

jab1
Legend

That sounds strange. As you have successfully connected other devices, and this one, albeit only for a while, my limited knowledge is leading me to suspect the device, but as to why it won't connect I honestly don't know.

Do you have an Apple store locally you could ask?

John
NitaDot

Hi yes, fortunately, I am close to an Apple store so I will try that.  Thanks for your help.

jab1
Legend

Post back with any results, please, good or bad. I'm interested in the solution - if there is one.Smiley

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems connecting your iPhone to the router. As it looks like you've got the Hub One router I'd recommend going through the steps Here as this type of issue is normally resolved by splitting the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless frequencies. You'll need to carry this out on a device that does connect to the router though.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

@Gandalf Thanks for that input. Sorry I didn't remember it, but router related issues I usually steer clear of as I don't know the current PN issue gear.

Now you've jogged my memory, I remember seeing this advice before, but as  I don't delve, it didn't click.Embarrassed

@NitaDot Sorry for sending you off on a possible wild goose chase.

John
NitaDot

Thanks, I will try this later.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

No worries @NitaDot,

Let us know how it goes please.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team