cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to block a computer or phone from connecting to wifi USING PLUSNET PROTECT

maddee888

how to block a computer or phone from connecting to wifi USING PLUSNET PROTECT

I have tried doing this on the plusnet hub , but when it resets then this is knocked off , i have free trial of the mcAfee plusnet protect , but can't see how to block devices on there

8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: how to block a computer or phone from connecting to wifi USING PLUSNET PROTECT

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Chat to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: how to block a computer or phone from connecting to wifi USING PLUSNET PROTECT

@maddee888 

If you login to the hub, you can use Access Control to block any device

Dave

maddee888

@daveplus . yes , but , as i said , when the router is reset , which my child does everytime I set up restrictions using access control, the settings go back to default, which is why I am asking how to do it using PLUSNET PROTECT

Bogbody
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Suggestion .... get hold of a new router, then change the default wifi password to something else. Fit the new router. Change the passwords on all devices to the one on the new router. Remove or deface the original label with the original details.
Then when the router is reset it'll go back to the original - result no access when reset.
maddee888

@Bogbody . great idea - how do i change default password ?

Bogbody
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Log into the router using its admin password. Most routers will allow you to change its wifi password.
Exactly how depends on the individual router.
What model is it? Ask on here for advice.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

😀

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

How old is your child?

As for the router, if its a plusnet router once re-set it should re-connect as they are pretty basic plug in and go devics.

if you have a consumer non plusnet router, once re set to factory defaults then it will need you ( or someone) to r-enter the plusnet connection details.

You could also try moving the router/ hidinif over 10 g it somewhere, altough the effect of this will depend upon how old the child is, if over 10 then it will most likely be found