Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

homepages.force9.net websites

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: homepages.force9.net websites

I see the server upgrade has been rolled back - I wonder if my inability to access the /king1/ style address was a by-product of the upgrade?
The page loaded fine while doing a few Ctrl+F5 refreshes (on current server configuration).
David
David
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Quote from: spraxyt
I wonder if my inability to access the /king1/ style address was a by-product of the upgrade?

Yes it was. There was an error in the new configuration which was unfortunately missed. This would have manifested as an intermittent issue, as only half of the servers had been changed to the new configuration.
nickking
Dabbler

Well, it worked for just over a week, but it seems to have gone down again - is this another result of server upgrades?  Huh
Cheers,

Nick
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Not working for me either... an yes, PN did some "maintenance" early this afternoon.
Looks like PN have <naughty word> up again!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

They've broken my site again! Angry Angry Angry
dick:blue Excessive smileys removed as per forum rules.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

... problems here also, in the midst of some final updates and have noticed a fair number of 404s appearing in the last half an hour or so - most pages are loading but with loads of graphics missing etc.
Can't find anything on Service Status - nor on "priority problems" - would have phoned Support but the queue is 34 minutes, it says.
Worth raising a ticket?
Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

... seems to have got worse, can't get happychild.org.uk hardly at all, and loads of broken graphics when it does generate.
Ticket raised 8.21pm - #40159215.

Regards,
Penny.
Edit - just cleared the cache and got this error message:
The requested URL /apache2-default/ was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I've just seen the same error and on refreshing got:
Placeholder page
If you are just browsing the web
The owner of this web site has not put up any web pages yet. Please come back later.
Move along, nothing to see here... 🙂
If you are trying to locate the administrator of this machine
If you want to report something about this host's behavior, please contact the Internet Service Provider (ISP) involved directly.
See the Network Abuse Clearinghouse for how to do this.
If you are the administrator of this machine
The initial installation of Debian's apache web server package was successful.
You should replace this page with your own web pages as soon as possible.
Unless you changed its configuration, your new server is configured as follows:
    * Configuration files can be found in /etc/apache.
    * The DocumentRoot, which is the directory under which all your HTML files should exist, is set to /var/www.
    * CGI scripts are looked for in /usr/lib/cgi-bin, which is where Debian packages will place their scripts.
    * Log files are placed in /var/log/apache, and will be rotated weekly. The frequency of rotation can be easily changed by editing /etc/logrotate.d/apache.
    * The default directory index is index.html, meaning that requests for a directory /foo/bar/ will give the contents of the file /var/www/foo/bar/index.html if it exists (assuming that /var/www is your DocumentRoot).
    * User directories are enabled, and user documents will be looked for in the public_html directory of the users' homes. These dirs should be under /home, and users will not be able to symlink to files they don't own.
All the standard apache modules are available with this release and are now managed with debconf. Type dpkg-reconfigure apache to select which modules you want enabled. Many other modules are available through the Debian package system with the names libapache-mod-*. If you need to compile a module yourself, you will need to install the apache-dev package.
More documentation on Apache can be found on:
    * The Apache documentation stored on your server.
    * The Apache Project home site.
    * The Apache-SSL home site.
    * The mod perl home site.
    * The ApacheWeek newsletter.
    * The Debian Project Documentation which contains HOWTOs, FAQs, and software updates.
You can also consult the list of World Wide Web Frequently Asked Questions for information.
Let other people know about this server
Netcraft provides an interesting free service for web site monitoring and statistic collection. You can let them know about your server using their interface. Enabling the monitoring of your server will provide a better global overview of who is using what and where, and it would give Debian a better overview of the apache package usage.
About this page
This is a placeholder page installed by the Debian release of the apache Web server package.
This computer has installed the Debian GNU/Linux operating system, but it has nothing to do with the Debian Project. Please do not contact the Debian Project about it.
If you find a bug in this apache package, or in Apache itself, please file a bug report on it. Instructions on doing this, and the list of known bugs of this package, can be found in the Debian Bug Tracking System.
Thanks for using this package, and congratulations for your choice of a Debian system!
nickking
Dabbler

Re-raised my original support call - hopefully they'll take some action...  Lips_are_sealed
Cheers,

Nick
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Has anyone managed to get through on the phone?
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: jelv
I've just seen the same error and on refreshing got:
Placeholder page
If you are just browsing the web
..... Thanks for using this package, and congratulations for your choice of a Debian system!

lol
seriously random
Have just phoned Support (business line straight through) and they've spent some time (20-30 minutes) looking at the issue - not an "end user" problem as posts here from several people, so has been escalated to the relevant places for action.
Fingers crossed it's something straightforward to resolve 😕

Regards,
Penny.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Just got off the phone.
"It has been referred to the correct department."
NO fault has been raised.
Nobody has been called out.
There is no prospect whatsoever of this being fixed before the morning as far as I can see.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

News flash: I've managed to contact someone in Digital Care
Now we might see some action!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just logging in now. I'm really sorry it's had to go this far.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right, we have a problem raised and engineer on call is investigating now... I'll update you when we have more info, looking into getting a service status out but I'll hold on for the initial report.