cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freenetname domain and no emails suddenly

FIXED
andyinnorway

freenetname domain and no emails suddenly

I have an old  freenetname domain name and it's stopped sending my emails through since Sunday.  I can login to my plusnet webmail using a browser but i'm not getting emails there either as it's not forwarding them from my domain name email address that people write to.

Help please with how to sort

5 REPLIES 5
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Re: freenetname domain and no emails suddenly

@andyinnorway wrote:

I have an old  freenetname domain name and it's stopped sending my emails through since Sunday.

Hi @andyinnorway , welcome to the forums : )

There are others here who know more about e-mail issues than I do, but an initial question - have you checked on Nominet to see if the domain name might be overdue for renewal (?) 

Their address is https://www.nominet.uk/ , highlight "Our Services" at the top then you'll see the WHOIS option on the drop-down.

Penny Rollo * Force 9 from 17/02/98 * PlusNet from 2000 onwards
Project HappyChild - free maths worksheets, free French-English worksheets + 12 other languages
personal site www.pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
andyinnorway

yes i checked that

Domain name:
williamsmail.co.uk

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 10-Dec-2012

Registrar:
Plusnet Plc t/a Madasafish Broadband [Tag = MADASAFISH]
URL: http://www.madasafish.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 29-Mar-2000
Expiry date: 29-Mar-2022
Last updated: 19-Mar-2021

yes that's all good and the 20 year old web page I set up is still active, its just the email forwarding that's lost it's link.  apparently techincal support are looking into it.  It's my mum's account, guess it's only plusnet technical support that have access to whatever needs to be checked

Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,071

Fix

Hi Andy, I've been having a look into this and I can't see any issues so I've tried to send you an email to see if it bounces back. Not got a bounce back yet but it may take a while to come through. 

In the meantime can you check by going to webmail.plus.net that you're below the 250MB storage limit?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
andyinnorway

i think that's done it thanks - the inbox was stuck at 250mb

Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,071

Thanks for the confirmation @andyinnorway 

Incidentally I never got a bounce back but I'm glad to see you've got this sorted now.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team