Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exFreenetname Domain and Email account Details

etalkar
Hooked

exFreenetname Domain and Email account Details

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone can help.  I have an old Freenetname domain and email address and while I can login to the Madafish portal I can't get onto my email or domain using the same crednetials.

It has been a long time since I accessed them but the site still seems to be working and I can still send email to the address.

I've gone through all the forums but it seems like I need assistance from the technical team though I can't seem to find a way to contact them over email.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Edwin.

12 REPLIES 12
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: exFreenetname Domain and Email account Details

Hi @etalkar,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue and thanks for raising it to us. So that we can help determine what's going on, please could you advise what page or link you are going to to login to your domain and email address and if any error messages pop up upon failing to login.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
etalkar
Hooked

Good morning Alex,

Thanks for taking the time to help.

For my email issue according to the MX record my email address is hosted by Madafish and when I login to their website using etalkar@freenetname.co.uk I am able to do so using the email mentioned previously and the password I think it is.  If I put the following details into a mail client though I am unable to retrieve email and get an error access denied message.

I have used the Incoming and Outgoing Mail settings as mail.madafish.com (but I have also tried the old freenetname mail servers).  If I do a nslookup for MX records for freenetname.co.uk it says the servers are mx-ironport.last.plus.net and 

mx-ironport.core.plus.net but I'm not sure if I should be using them or not.

For my website issue my domain is http://www.homerj.co.uk and according to the Madafish portal (again obtained from a Whois lookup) this can also be accessed by http://www.users.freenetname.co.uk/~etalkar.  If I try to FTP to the site using a program such as Filezilla I get an Access Denied error.  According to the Madafish website I should usse the following:

Unfortunately this also does not work.  I have tried variations of the username and password combination but to no effect.

If you can help I'd appreciate it as I've run out of technical expertise.  Smiley

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @etalkar

Thanks for getting in touch.

The access denied error message is usually generated if the account is restricted or deactivated.

Could you log into the member centre and check whether there are any issues with the billing/payment information on the account?

Best wishes,

Dave

etalkar
Hooked

Hi Dave,

I don't have a Plusnet account so I don't have an ability to log into the member centre.

If I try to use my Freenetname account I also can't log in.  Sad

Thanks,

Edwin.

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. I need to chase this up with another department for you. I apologize but they are not in at the moment, so I will try and chase an update over the weekend. If not, it may not be until Monday, but I will keep an eye on this for you.

etalkar
Hooked

Absolutely no issues, there is no hurry.  Smiley

I have left it a long time to get this resolved so no need to rush on my account!

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Edwin.

etalkar
Hooked

Hi Dean,

Did you manage to get any update please from the other department you mentioned?

Thanks,

Edwin.

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @etalkar,

Sincere apologies for the delay with this one. I've just spoken with one of the back-end team now, and we think we have sorted it. Please be aware that this change can take up to 24 hours to take effect. Please can you check this for us, and let us know how it goes.

etalkar
Hooked

Hi Dean,

No issues about the delays.  We are all busy!  Smiley

Unfortunately that isn't working.  I get a login incorrect when using Filezilla to access my website and an unable to verify account name or password for my mail so it still seems like there is something wrong.

Thanks for the continued assistance!

Edwin.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @etalkar

Thanks for your patience - I'm sorry to hear that the steps my colleague took haven't resolved the issue.

I've escalated this to our network team for further investigation and they'll be in touch directly, or via the ticket I've raised for you here as soon as they have further info to share.

Best wishes,

Dave

etalkar
Hooked

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the assistance but I can't access the ticket due to not having a Plusnet account.

Can you confirm if there has been any progress as I haven't received any contact from them?

Thanks,

Edwin.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @etalkar 

I've sent a chase email to our back end team asking for an update. 

We will give you a shout on here once they get back to us. 

Apologies for the delay. 

Thanks, 

MoR