cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email form - automatic reply possible to form filler?

Adrian00
Dabbler

email form - automatic reply possible to form filler?

Hi,
I've set up a simple form on my free webspace and would like to send an automatic acknowledgement to the filler of the form. I've read that this can't be done if email addresses are not plusnet. Is there a workaround?
I've seen a couple of useful posts by townman - the request to relax this restriction (http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,82277.0.html) and I've tried the JavaScript (http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,81651.0.html) but still no luck unless email addresses are plusnet.
I've set up a redirect on my webmail for an acknowledgement to be sent to my non-plusnet email address, but there doesn't seem to be enough control on webmail to do the equivalent to setting up a rule in Outlook, say, to reply to sender. Or have I missed this?
Any suggestions gratefully received.
Thanks,
Adrian
4 REPLIES 4
Gabe
Grafter

Re: email form - automatic reply possible to form filler?

It's a security measure. Would a standard acknowledgement in a custom response page be any good?
Gabe
Adrian00
Dabbler

Thanks Gabe. Security measure - so that sounds like it's just not possible. What a shame  Sad
I've already set up a custom response page using redirect - better than the standard page, but still not really what I was after. I was hoping form fillers could be sent an automatic response confirming their choices selected on the form so that they had a record of it.
I was thinking of adapting a permanent 'out of office' style message on a dedicated new plusnet email address, but couldn't find a way to do it without having to use Outlook.
Gabe
Grafter

Quote from: Adrian00
I was hoping form fillers could be sent an automatic response confirming their choices selected on the form so that they had a record of it.

Could achieve something like that using server-side scripting on ccgi, but would want to protect it from automated mischief.
Gabe
Adrian00
Dabbler

Possibly could be done... not by me though! Well, not without a lot of guidance - don't worry, not a hint. I'll make do with what I can do so far and see if anyone thinks of an easier solution.
Thanks again for your help.