Did you mean: 

drupal site not showing images.

tonycollinet
Grafter

drupal site not showing images.

Like this page here:
http://ccgi.collinet.plus.com/grandpops/?q=node/19
Image not showing link is:
http://ccgi.collinet.plus.com/grandpops/sites/default/files/Medical/1gpo04_std.jpg
Which gives this error if you copy the url into the browser directly. I've checked the location, and the file is there.
Any ideas why?Huh
Thanks
Server error!
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 500
ccgi.collinet.plus.com
Sun May 2 13:51:43 2010
Apache
5 REPLIES 5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: drupal site not showing images.

That looks like a directory/file permissions problem. Are directories below 'grandpops' chmod 0710? and the jpg image chmod 0640?
David
tonycollinet
Grafter

Permissions ok - but as I was looking, I found an htaccess file in a folder above the images.
content is
SetHandler Drupal_Security_Do_Not_Remove_See_SA_2006_006
Options None
Options +FollowSymLinks

If I rename it to htaccess.old, the images load, but the first line suggests it shouldn't be removed.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

I think the SetHandler line is there to stop any scripts that might be uploaded to the images directories (by mischief makers) from being executed. I'm not sure if suEXEC allows that or not.
However Options +FollowSymLinks is definitely not allowed. I suggest trying with just this line commented out. SymLinksIfOwnerMatch is set in the configuration which provides a safer alternative.
David
tonycollinet
Grafter

Thanks for the help.
It seems I have to comment out both the "options" lines. Then it works. Removing either one on its own does not fix the problem.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Thanks for that feedback. Glad to hear your images display now, albeit with the .htaccess file effectively removed.
David
David