Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

domain problem with madasafish email

FIXED
molly8
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

domain problem with madasafish email

I raised this problem last Saturday as overnight madasafish had stopped picking up any message sent to my domain. This had been working perfectly for the past 12 years!

Firstly I got a reply telling me how to change the settings on my laptop but this was not the problem.  Going to webmail I could see that no messages to xx@mydomain.co.uk were getting through.  After three calls it was agreed to put my query to the back room boys (or whatever they are called).  Unfortunately it was put to the PlusNet back room rather than the madasafish one and apparently they could not pass it on. Yesterday I finally managed to convince someone to send it to the madasafish tech lot for them to sort out and received an apology for it being sent to the wrong place initially.

It is now almost a week that I have been without this email which is used for all my important stuff.  PLEASE someone out there get this sorted. I can see that similar problems have been raised in the past.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: domain problem with madasafish email

Thanks for getting in touch @molly8

Unfortunately, it appears that your domain has expired which is why your e-mails aren't working

I've requested this for you and we'll be in touch as soon as this has been done.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
molly8
Rising Star

Amazingly my 'domain has now been renewed' and appears to be working again. . I would really welcome an explanation of why this occurred.  Should the domain not be renewed automatically?  How often does it need to be renewed?  Can I get an assurance that this will not happen again?  For 6 days anyone who tried to send an email to my domain had it rejected and I have missed a lot of very important messages.  I have been very happy with madasafish/plusnet up until last Saturday but feel totally let down both by the non-renewal of the domain and by the time it has taken to rectify the problem.

molly8
Rising Star

I have tried to add a comment to the ticket but cannot seem to do so.  I really need an explanation and an assurance that this will not happen again.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @molly8

I'm afraid we can't guarantee that this won't happen again but I'd recommend contacting us closer to the time next year to make sure it's renewed

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
molly8
Rising Star

It needs renewed every year?  On the 1st November?

Thank for taking the time to reply.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us @molly8

I'm afraid that's correct

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
molly8
Rising Star

Thank you very much for your help.

molly8
Rising Star

I know this is an old topic but at the time of raising this issue of non-renewal of my domain, it was suggested that if the domain was moved to plusnet rather than madasafish the renewal would take place automatically?  Is that the case? and can anyone tell me what would happen to any emails sent to the domain while the process of transferal was taking place?  It was also suggested that this might take a few days.

Thanks to anyone who can provide further information and apologies if I should have started a new topic.