Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

domain name renewal - madasafish

FIXED
molly8
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

domain name renewal - madasafish

Please can someone help me to find out how to renew my domain name?  Last year it was not automatically renewed and I lost a whole week of emails before it was sorted.  I think the renewal is due at the beginning of November.  Is there someone out there who can help me, please?.   Matthew Wheeler kindly helped last year, as did Gandalf I think.  

18 REPLIES 18
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: domain name renewal - madasafish

My Account/Billing may be a better place for this.

As long as your card details are up to date, then it should just be a case of PlusNet of taking a renewal payment from your bank or card.

I had to renew my domains and exchange hosting (not at PlusNet), done in the end. I know how stessful it can be.

molly8
Rising Star

Thanks for your reply.  I can't remember ever having to pay for renewal before.  Please can someone from Plusnet take a look at this for me, or at least pass it on to someone who can.

Thanks.

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

I’m pretty sure I read a thread around here advising that Plusnet provide domain services free of charge and have done so for a while. 

Also I think I recall (from another thread) that Madasafish domains are being renewed automatically nowadays. 

Try checking who.is a week or so before the renewal’s due to see if it’s renewed?

molly8
Rising Star

Thanks for that - I think it may only be Plusnet that renews automatically?  Could someone from Plusnet and/or Madasafish let me know what is likely to happen, please?

Thrall
Seasoned Pro

Found this thread: https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Freenetname-Madasafish-Domain-Expiry/td-p/1678284/page... Reading the last few posts indicates automatic renewal for Madasafish?

molly8
Rising Star

I have just checked on who.is and found that the domain name expires on 2nd October.  PLEASE I really need help on this.

molly8
Rising Star

Thanks, Thrall  - fingers crossed that mine will automatically renew too but I would really welcome reassurance from Plusnet that this is the case.  I cannot afford to lose my emails again this year - not even for one day.  As it is due to expire so soon I am panicking!

Thrall
Seasoned Pro

As your domain renewal is imminent, if you don't get a response from Plusnet soon (They're a bit thin on the ground staff-wise via the community forum), it may be worth calling them on 0800 432 0200 because to manually renew they seem to have to raise this to another department which takes time.

molly8
Rising Star

Thanks for that - I have phoned and been assured that it will now be renewed but that it would take 'a couple of days'.  Not sure why it wasn't renewed automatically but clearly you can't rely on it being done without any reminder.  Fingers crossed I will not lose a pile of emails as I did last year - I can't understand why for several years it renewed perfectly without me doing anything and last year it all changed. It is very worrying indeed.

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@Thrall wrote:

Found this thread: https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Freenetname-Madasafish-Domain-Expiry/td-p/1678284/page... Reading the last few posts indicates automatic renewal for Madasafish?

@Thrall   Just to update (after seeing your post), I've added to that thread to clarify things as best I can.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Freenetname-Madasafish-Domain-Expiry/m-p/1768286/highl... 

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
molly8
Rising Star

Fix

Renewed!  Very rapidly.  Thanks for everyone who offered help.  Particularly useful to be able to look at who.is and see that the renewal date is now 2021.

electroglidekid
Dabbler

I have exactly the same problem, emails stopped working a few days ago.. And had the problem last year also (20 years after initial domain registered)..  I've raised my own thread, hopefully someone will look into this..   This should not be happening every year...

Jasper1969

I've exactly the same problem - I had trouble renewning it last year and again this year I'm being asked to do the same again but to add to the complication I had tried to get help via email but didnt get a reply and now my domain is suspended.

Can someone advise how I have this resolved please?

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@Jasper1969 wrote:

.. my domain is suspended.

Can someone advise how I have this resolved please?

@Jasper1969  Would you be able to provide details of your domain name, so that your post can be escalated for attention?  If you don't wish to disclose this publicly, feel free to send me a PM if you prefer.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.