cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cshell.plus.net

typeo

cshell.plus.net

Hi,

I've not had to login to this for a while but it's no longer accepting my password to access it. Also from the Control Panel the icon to control this feature is no longer there. Has the service been withdrawn?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: cshell.plus.net

Hi there.

I've discussed this with a colleague and it looks like we've switched CGI shell access off back in 2009 via SSH.

Could we ask what/how you're trying to log into to? Do you have an URL you normally go to?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
typeo

Thanks for the info. I certainly missed that! I'm just trying to FTP into cshell.plus.net. It fails as doesn't like the password, which I believe should be the same as the one for the main account? I'm unable to test the script access works right now, but that was just over http.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me.

Looks like what you're trying to do isn't possible I'm afraid, can you try going to hosting.plus.net?

The username you'd use to login with is in the format of: ccgi.username.plus.com (Or what your CGI web address is)

The password generally isn't the same as your account password but you'd be able to reset this via the Hosting page.

Let us know how it goes. Smiley

[edit]

Once you've logged into the control panel, if you open the FTP manager you should be able to set an FTP password.

[second edit]

It's the master password you'd want to update for the FTP password. To login to the FTP server you'd use:

FTP server: cshell.plus.net
FTP User: ccgi.username.plus.com
FTP Passwd: your password you've just set.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet