cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.co.uk domain registration

PlusDom

.co.uk domain registration

I have recently attempted to register a .co.uk domain for £1 using the page on the plusnet site (after adding credit card to my account) The page asks for the domain name, my details etc, then submit. A new netnames window opens and I click on the agree button. I am then returned to the plusnet page where I get the error message "Access denied" Sorry dom..... No further information is displayed as to why..... No other error message, searched their site for further information, nothing found..... I did raise a ticket for this but don't expect to hear anything for about a week...!!!  Any ideas?????? I'm sure i'm not the first to see this. (oh so frustrating....)
7 REPLIES 7
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: .co.uk domain registration

I used Freeola/get dotted.com to register mine.... costs me a bout £14 for two years
andrecollins

Hi,
Have been having the exact same thing myself.
What answer did you get?  Did they register it for you instead?
I too have raised a ticket but just asked them to register the domain for me as I must have tried 30 times myself with no joy.
Thanks
André.
PlusDom

Hi Andre. That is exactly what you needed to. I was advised to raise a ticket and they would register the domain for me. There is a form that you can fill in although i'm unsure if it is posted on the site. I can paste it here later if you wish.
Good luck with it all.
Sent from my mobile
PlusDom

Please find below the form / Information required for manual registration that plusnet sent to me, it maybe of use to some of you.(I guess every case could be different)
Domain Name:
Username:
Registrant:
Type: (UK Individual / Limited Company / etc)
Trading Name: (if a Company registration) Company Number: (if a Company registration)
Address Opt-O6ut: (Y/N)
Address 1:
Address 2:
Address 3:
Address 4:
City:
County:
Postcode:
Contact Phone:
Contact Email:
Submit this via a ticket and it should be sorted (assuming your account fits the current criteria)
Kind regards
andrecollins

Hi,
Thanks for your help.  I was sent the same thing by email a bit earlier today, so I filled it in on a reply email.  A few hours later I received an email to tell me that they don't deal with replies to that address.  They told me to reply via a ticket!  I couldn't believe it, in the time it took to write and send me the email, they could have registered my domain so I could get on with building my website.
One good thing has come out of this and that is there is more information for others to see and information that will enable them to sort out their domain registrations as there is a distinct lack of information on both this site and the main PlusNet site regarding this subject.
Thanks again.
André.
danger11
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
... costs me a bout £14 for two years

Expensive, Try OVH.co.uk they do em for around £7 for 2 yrs. and there control panel is quite good.
Xitude

www.namecheap.com is one of the best domain sites on the web as for hosting you can do it via them also.