cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cgi usage?

Boomer

cgi usage?

I don't want to keep playing ticket tennis when I don't understand the answers I'm getting. Perhaps someone could explain and expand on the below responses from Customer Services.
Am I allowed a throughput of 250Mb a day or is it 250GB a day. Both answers seem nonsense, or am I missing something. Some consideration of the other questions contained in the ticket would also be welcome.
Regards,
Alan MacFarlane
PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1
I have a demo phpBB forum running on the cgi platform. Is it appropriate to make this forum 'live' to perhaps 1500 users? Would 25 users connected at the same time slow it down? What do I need to consider in making my decision? What is the server's up time percentage etc?
250MB disc space and 20GB/month peak time usage should be sufficient. What if it is not enough?
Should I get the forum hosted elsewhere?
Regards,
alan macfarlane
http://ccgi.alanmacfarlane.plus.com/forum/index.php
link:CSA removed CSC Analyst 3:56pm, Thursday 23rd August 2007

Dear Mr MacFarlane,
Thanks for your recent contact.
Feel free to host the forum on our cgi servers, however I think you may have misunderstood the web throughput you are allowed. You are allowed 250Mb per day. If your usage stays within these limits there is no reason you shouldnt host the system.
Regards,
link:CSA removed
Your comment 4:54pm, Thursday 23rd August 2007
Sorry link:CSA removed but I don't understand your answer. Do you mean a throughput of 250MB a day rather than the 250Mb you quote? What disk space am I allowed on your servers? Please point me to the Terms and Conditions for use of your servers as I have not been able to find them yet.
Regards, Alan
link:CSA removed CSC Analyst 1:13am, Saturday 25th August 2007

Dear Mr MacFarlane,
Thanks for your reply.
To be honest, I would probably suggest to move the site to our sister company Pay As You Host. They offer more disk space than we can and would be better for your needs.
Please see http://www.pay-as-you-host.com/ for more information.
You will be allowed 250GB per day with us.
Regards,
link:CSA removed
Moderator's Note by Daniel (Assos) Multiple CSA Agent Names removed as per the link:rules
1 REPLY 1
Boomer

Re: cgi usage?

Thanks for clearing that up PJ.