cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ccgi space restored ?

arsg0lgj
Dabbler

ccgi space restored ?

Hi just tried to access my Joomla website and it seems a restore has taken place ? back to the time when the new ccgi platform took shape ?
I had deleted all this and started a fresh but that has all gone.
Anyone else having same problem.
33 REPLIES 33
arsg0lgj
Dabbler

Re: ccgi space restored ?

Also seems that if I attempt to restore none of my data is present, if go back 25 hours which I was defo working on new data it is not present.
Regards Mark
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Something very fishy appears to have been going on. The root /.htaccess had been reinstated on my site making the root /cgi-bin where I moved my CGIs to inaccessible - I've disabled it again. This version has root as the owner.
Recent updates to files have been lost, including a complete directory with contents I uploaded on 21/02/2014.
David
steved999
Dabbler

my database has also been restored at some time over the last 24 hours. I've had so many problems since the migration I'm losing the will to stay with PLUSNET.
Anyone know if they provide support at the weekend?
steved999
Dabbler

Now discovered it wasn't just the database - it was the whole site that has been restored.  Angry
andydg
Grafter

After a few tweaks I though I had my migration sorted and bang it looks like I have also been 'restored' back to a non working migration, with all my changes and database gone.
What is going on plusnet!! Angry Angry
spraxyt
Resting Legend

It looks that way on my site too. The file system state seems to reflect its contents as of about a week ago. Since database files are also in site space those have backtracked too.
David
bpike

It looks like we are back to square one again, with all its problems!!.
I fixed all the errors on my source files on 27 Feb and now find my files have been restored back to 19 feb.
So website no longer working. If I fix it again will plusnet do another restore and undo it all again?
What are your plans Plusnet???
Angry
Brian
Gabe
Grafter

Hierarchy's changed. Don't know about you, but I've been shunted into /services9
Communication?
Gabe
spraxyt
Resting Legend

I've been moved to /services9 too.
It looks like Hostopia only support static sites that never change with databases that are never updated. And we are only allowed to place CGIs where they decide.
Maybe these restrictions should be added to the FAQ. Crazy
I raised a ticket last night to ask what was going on.
David
David
bridgesystems
Dabbler

My site errors no as well  : Angry
Error performing query: Table './xxxx_pn_ccgi_xxxx_plus_com/jokes' was created with a different version of MySQL and cannot be read
This is the migrated DB name... so has the DB been restored to the pre-migrated state ?
What's goining on ??????
spraxyt
Resting Legend

If you check the MySQL database related statements in your code your will probably find Hostopia have reverted the files to ones containing incorrect information. Once you gain access again you might also find any changes to the tables you made in the last week have been lost.
Hopefully we'll find out on Monday what is going on.
David
stuck
Rising Star

Quote from: arsg0lgj
...it seems a restore has taken place ... I had deleted all this and started a fresh but that has all gone.
Anyone else having same problem.

Angry Angry Angry me too
That's a real pain.  My original CGI site was nothing more than a 'Hello world' page so I deleted that and then spent several hours creating a zenphoto gallery.  It's all gone and I'm back to Hello world.  Cry Cry Cry
Another fine example of 'progress'  Roll_eyes Roll_eyes Roll_eyes
stuck
andydg
Grafter

Well quite apart from the serious problems this will cause me; all the information on orders processed this week potentially lost, unable to take any new orders with the site down till some unknown time, I think that the response from Plusnet has been pretty dire - as in non-existant.
For all the bells and whistles of the 'new' service from Hostopia (control panel and all), without a proper business back-up they would be better to offer nothing al all. I don't see how there can be no business support on weekends - only one guy in the whole of Plusnet dealing with this, and he doesn't work weekends ...
At the very least there should be some communication, is anyone at Hostopia even aware of the issue?
Not impressed Plusnet  Angry  (from a customer of Force9 since 56k dial-up times)
tinmanbf

Yep, same has happened to me... fixed all my issues and now back to the beginning, but they have also removed the ability to change the .htaccess file, try it and you get permission denied!! I need to be able to change this to make my stuff work... Embarrassed