cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ccgi performance?

tonycollinet
Grafter

ccgi performance?

I am sometimes seeing very slow performance on the ccgi platform. I am running a drupal site, and sometimes it is taking a very long time to open the home page, and an absolute age to get to the adminster menu.
Could also be a mysql performance issue.
Anyone else seeing this?
7 REPLIES 7
tonycollinet
Grafter

Re: ccgi performance?

Does anyone from Plus have an answer about why the ccgi performance might be so slow.
It has just taken a minute and a half to load the front page, and then it was incomplete - a refresh was required to complete it.
Thanks
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

They want to get rid of the ccgi server without providing a replacement and making it very slow is just one of the tactics? (Another is running a version of PHP that stopped being supported a year ago)
Evidence: Why do you think no-one from Plusnet has answered http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,77472.0.html?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

If we wanted to get rid of the CGI server then we'd have nothing to gain from hiding the fact jelv. I've dropped a reply into the thread you linked to although it doesn't contain much information that you won't already have been party to.
In a nutshell, there are no longer any immediate plans for the service and what was announced last year has sadly taken a back seat.
@tonycollinet, I'm not personally aware of any performance problems affecting the CGI platform, has this only just started happening recently?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

tonycollinet
Grafter

No it has been consistent for the past month or so. (Possibly before - but I only noticed when I setup a couple of sites with Drupal)
I will PM you the address of the site concerned.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

We've given the platform a once over but can't see anything wrong with it at the moment. Other sites I've tried seem to be loading OK. I'm wondering whether or not it might be something specific to your site?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

tonycollinet
Grafter

have you also had a look at the SQL Server? Drupal is pretty heavy on the database.
In the meantime - Ill donwload a snapshot of the site as it is now, and try running it on my PC.
tonycollinet
Grafter

Well I've just come back to this - and it is very fast - back to a normal expected performance.
I've changed nothing on the site - so something must have been done at Plus end.