cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ccgi down

Tony_W
Grafter

ccgi down

ccgi http (port 80) access seems to be down.
Called business helpline and they confirmed that it was down for some time (tomorrow they said).
They also said that a service status had been posted at 3:24, but I its not on the service status list yet.
Can anyone point me to the RSS service status feed please.
.....It's all right, they have posted now on the main 'service status' web page.
Tony
158 REPLIES 158
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: ccgi down

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/
Edit: FTP access is down as well Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

marku
Grafter

come on plusnet, loss of service mid afternoon on a weekday ... you're better than this, you know you are.
RichardJN

The CGI server has been the subject of a ByLenis attack.
I was on the phone to support around 1520 whilst browsing the damage when it became evident and I presume they pulled the plug by way of damage limitation.  My FTP access before they pulled the plug showed only top level corruption with an Index.html file added and the Index.php changed.  Both say:
/../ByLenis /../Republic of TURKEY/../RESPECT/../
"Vazifeyi ihmale surukleyen merhamet,
memlekete ihanettir..."
Gazi Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK

Apparently a server (rather than user) level attack with no great damage done except a PITA for all concerned.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi guys,
We'll publish further details as soon as we're able. As I'm sure you can imagine it's all a bit hectic at the moment!  Crazy
Rest assured, nobody's data's at risk and we've plenty of snapshots of the platform from earlier in the day.
Edit: Sorry folks but it looks like we're not going to be able to get things back up and running until next week Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Gabe
Grafter

Service: CGI Services
Posted: Fri, Mar 12 2010 at 18:46:51
Subject: Access to the CGI Platform (61005) - UPDATE
This is an update to this afternoon's announcement about access to our CGI platform.
We have determined that there is a large amount of work required before we'll be in a position to fix the problem and restore access to the servers.
To ensure that we don't encounter similar problems again in the future, we're going to need to change certain aspects of the platform. Unfortunately, this is expected to take us over the weekend.
We're committed to ensuring your websites are back up and running as soon as possible and we'll be looking to restore access to the servers early next week.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
Kind regards,
Bob Pullen
Customer Support

Well there's a surprise.
Boastful wee hacklet too: http://www.zone-h.org/archive/ip=84.92.1.4
Nope, there isn't an emoticon for what I'm thinking.
Gabe
marku
Grafter

Can't BT provide you with some failover options ... they must have ooodles of redundancy
(in the capacity planning and strategic failover sense)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm sure they could but they haven't a CGI platform to support our customers Sad
Sorry things are going to be down for so long but weighing up the options it seemed the best plan of action!

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Tony_W
Grafter

I have just spent 3+ hours re-writing parts of my Homepages site that depend upon PHP from the ccgi server, and were therefore broken.
Even now there is a loss of functionality and all tracking.
I made a copy of homepages prior to making the changes, so I should be able to undo the changes when ccgi comes back up.
At least now customers can again download free trials of my software and purchase it if they want. Unfortunately, one major PHP section could not be replaced Sad
It is good that we have an honest estimate of the timescales, and the action taken by PN after the attack was swift.
Thank you for keeping us informed Bob.
Tony
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Could we have confirmation that this is being actively worked on over the weekend please (I know Networks who I'm sure will be dealing with this normally don't work at the weekend).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Isn't that what the Service Status Update implied:
[quote=http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1268419611.htm]
We have determined that there is a large amount of work required before we'll be in a position to fix the problem and restore access to the servers.
To ensure that we don't encounter similar problems again in the future, we're going to need to change certain aspects of the platform. Unfortunately, this is expected to take us over the weekend.
David
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yes, it is being worked on over the weekend. Many of us sacrificed our Friday night last night too! Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

xpcomputers
Grafter

Thanks for the confirmation Bob... it will be reassuring for those who's livelihood depends on their website being available for business to know it is being given top priority.
Sorry to hear that it has come at the expense of your weekend though....
Hope those working on it get pizza delivered every 4 hours through the long nights... pizza sharpens the mind I find! (Especially when the company is paying!)
Wink
Mike
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

FYI, have just updated the Service Status thread.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The platform should now be back up and the announcements are on their way...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team