Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ccgi cron

sandwithbells
Grafter

ccgi cron

Hi All,
I thought I understood that plusnet were able to set cron jobs up on the cgi system if I asked nicely via a ticket. I've looked through the various documents and it seems to say that cron was unaffected by the change to Hostopia but I've just had a reply to my request for a cron job that said they don't set them?
If not I'll have to run the cron prompt to hit the script from elsewhere but it would be neater if it ran there (and would also then run at the same time each week).
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Alistair
2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: ccgi cron

Hi Alistair,
Direct access to the crontab was removed some time ago when we disabled SSH access. We continued to allow customers to make amendments via ticket up until the migration to Hostopia. There's now only a handful of accounts with access (and even then it's a bit of a hack if I'm honest). Unfortunately, we're not able to set this up for customers who didn't have active crontab entries prior to migration.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

sandwithbells
Grafter

Re: ccgi cron

Thanks Bob,
I suspected that would be the case but  given the number of out of date pages and forum posts that come up in a search I thought it worth posting here to confirm the current position.
Cheers
Alistair