cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ccgi '530 login incorrect'

Tony_W
Grafter

ccgi '530 login incorrect'

I am getting this error when trying to FTP to my ccgi webspace.
FTP to my homepages works fine.
Anyone else seeing ths?
Tony
8 REPLIES 8
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: ccgi '530 login incorrect'

Quote from: Tony
I am getting this error when trying to FTP to my ccgi webspace.
... Anyone else seeing ths?

Had the same trouble somewhere after midnight, always update the logs end of the month but coudn't gain access (12.50am-ish I think).  Sometimes it said login incorrect, sometimes it said something else, don't recall quite what, sorry.

Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Tony_W
Grafter

Thanks for the feedback Penny. I also download the previous month's stats files early in each new month.
Still no access here. HTTP acces is still there, but of coiurse no password is required for HTTP access to the hosted website.
I am on Force9 ccgi, although I would have thought that the ccgi boxes are the same for Plusnet and Force9.
Tony
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Tony W - I can see you've raised a ticket, that should get sorted out for you today. Really sorry to hear about the problems though.
@Penny - is that still happening for you at all, or are you able to log in now?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Just tried and FTP to my (F9) ccgi is OK. Smiley
David
David
Tony_W
Grafter

Thanks for posting that David.
Mine's still not working and support have now been able to reproduce it at their end. So, hopefully a solution will be implemented soon.
Tony
Tony_W
Grafter

I believe that I have discovered what happened.
Some years ago we were all advised to change our user login passwords. I changed mine, but did not change the CGI password.
Sometime on 31st January or 1st February that old password for the ccgi ceased to work - on both of the 2 computers that I use to regularly access the ccgi server using FTP.
Because the password was shown under asterisks, I did not realise that it was different from the current user password for my login.
At 2pm yesterday Customer support wrote in reply to my ticket that they were 'getting the same issue as [me]' and later they wrote that 'Networks' staff 'reset the password token'.
Eventually I was able to gain access, but only by re-typing the password after the initial attempt failed. I used a password revealer to look under the asterisks in the password box for the FTP package and found the old password in there. Changing this to my current login password now worked.
I still don't know why the passwords had changed at the Plusnet end, causing my (old) CCGI password to no longer work.
Of course, there won't be many users with different passwords for each platform, so that is why nearly everyone is unaffected.
Tony
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Thanks for that information. My ccgi and account passwords are identical which ties in with your suggestion. Smiley
David
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Tony
Thanks for the feedback Penny. I also download the previous month's stats files early in each new month.

likewise Smiley  well, Wevstats anyway, ran out of hd space for the others, some while back.  sorry no reply yesterday incidentally, wasn't here.
ccgi login (F9) now working fine, thanks go to whoever fixed this Smiley

Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.