cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't get to my ccgi home page

stuck
Rising Star

can't get to my ccgi home page

It's been a long time since I fiddled with my ccgi webspace.  I can connect to it using CoreFTP lite and I can log into it via https://hosting.plus.net but when I just try to browse to it at http://ccgi.username.plus.com (where 'username' is the same one that lets me in to the site via the portal or CoreFTP lite) then I get:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

I was expecting to see the defautl index.php page that says something like this site isn't configued yet.

Any clues please?

stuck

4 REPLIES 4
stuck
Rising Star

Re: can't get to my ccgi home page

Lots of views but no replies.  Does absolutely no one have any ideas as to what is wrong / what I've done wrong to give this effect?

stuck

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

We've passed this to the relevant team to see if there's anything that can be done

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
stuck
Rising Star

Thank you.  I've a feeling it's something I've screwed up but it's so long since I last looked at it I've forgotton the little I'd learnt about CGI.  I do know that at one point I had a simple image gallery working.  I might even have set up a blog too.

I don't think there is anything of any value on the webspace.  I'll have any images backed up elsewhere and the blog was either trivial testing type posts or a copy of something that exists elsewhere in a more up to date state.  In other words, if the simplest way to fix this is for someone at Plusnet to wipe the slate clean and make it as if I'm starting from fresh with an empty site then I won't be upset.

stuck

stuck
Rising Star

Just to report that I finally got a response from the suport team.

Turns out it was as simple as picking the correct version of PHP.  It was still set at 'PHP5-CGI (version 5.6)' but having clicked the option for 'PHP-DEFAULT (version 7.1)' I can get to the expected 'site has no web pages' default index.php page.

Now all I've got to do is remember what I've forgotten about how to get stuff to work on the site Smiley

stuck