cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

being blocked

johntyrrell

being blocked

someone help please my wife wanted to order some lingerie from online store but when she tried to go to the site it was being blocked by plusnet. she never had this problem before with BT. Any help in this mater

7 REPLIES 7
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: being blocked

Hi , Do you have Plusnet safeguard  turned on ?  log into member center to check https://www.plus.net/my-account/safeguard/

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I assume this is Fibre broadband, and you'll need any adult content locked removed?

Hopefully a member of staff may be able to help, you'll probably have to PM them your username, but now you have made a post you should to be able to do so.

I think maybe your thread should be moved from General Chat and/or possibly merged with the other threads regarding content locks, if I mod could assist? Smiley

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

As @rongtw suggested you may have hit one of prudish (my view) plusnet's hurdles.

As contributors to these forums will know, step outside their narrow guidelines and they'll feel it incumbent upon them to put you back on the right track - or in your case block you completely.

Hope you get it sorted  Thumbs_Up

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Is that true generally or just a safeguard feature? Would a free browser VPN extension such as Windscribe stop this sort of censorship?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

the only sites blocked by PN for broadband are those on the IWF list and required by court order iirc, safeguard is purely optional.

mobile is different - not sure what service the OP is talking about.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear that @johntyrrell

Can you send us a screenshot of the page you see when you try to browse to this site?

Please feel free to PM me if you prefer.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

This could simply be a geolocation restricted site using bad geolocation data.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.