cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

analogue alarm autodialler

brun0

analogue alarm autodialler

Hi all

I have now got FTTP, so the old landline is gone, my problem is that I have got an analogue auto dialler fitted to my security alarm. Is there a way to connect this to the Hub 2, I've noticed on the back of the hub2 that there is a telephone jack socket, can this be utilised. As I understand this port is already configured for ATA, can I just plug the AD into this?🤔

6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 399

Re: analogue alarm autodialler

As I understand this port is already configured for ATA, can I just plug the AD into this?

Plusnet do not provide a digital voice(voip) service and so that port is not configued on the Hub.

You could buy a separate ATA ( something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grandstream-HT801-SIP-ATA-HandyTone/dp/B06XW1BQHC/ref=asc_df_B06XW1BQHC/?ta... ) and connect your alarm to that, but you would also need a voip account. You would also need to check whether the alarm system uses pulse or tone dialiing and make sure the ATA can support it.

If your autodialler is a simple one which just dials the programmed number ( not a monitoring service ) then you would probably get away with using a free payg voip account from the likes of localphone ( localphone.com )

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

brun0

Thanks MisterW, the AD uses tone dialling and can send SMS texts, so I've programmed it to ring and send a text to my mobile number. I will check out those links you provided.👍

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

can send SMS texts

How did it do that from a landline ? did it use the standard BT text service ?

That will be a problem when using a voip service

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Full Fibre to Everything Else.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

brun0

How did it do that from a landline ? did it use the standard BT text service ?

That will be a problem when using a voip service

The AD (Texecom speech & text dialler) dials a texting service first

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Ok, that may still work, as long as nothing in the system is relying on being associated with your old landline number and sending that as the CLI