Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wordpress database recovery

FIXED
TonyN
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Wordpress database recovery

A couple of days ago I lost the most recent live post on a blog while I was trying to upload/edit a new post from a complex docx file using the Mammoth .docx Converter  plugin: numerous drafts saved and some deleted. It is possible that I deleted the live past in error, although I don’t think I did.

I can restore the text of this post from a draft easily, but not the comments posted since the last backup, which I would particularly like to recover if possible.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to reliably roll-back the Wordpress database using File Manager Pro? I’m in too much trouble with this at the moment to want to go prodding around in FMP to see what happens and will be most grateful for some advice. I can't find a topic specfically dealing with this on the  board, only one where there was a failure restoring files by this method.

1 REPLY 1
TonyN
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Wordpress database recovery

Fix

Oh dear! I’m mortified, and not for the first time on this board.

After over a decade blogging, and over 300 posts, I have just discovered that Wordpress now has a very handy trash bin and a restore button. All now restored by one click with absolutely no hassle except that which I have caused over the last two days to myself and here.

Profuse apologies! (Is there a trash bin here for silly topics?)