cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the Hostopia File Manager editor change file formats?

starfry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Why does the Hostopia File Manager editor change file formats?

I just noticed this after making a quick edit to a file via the "File Manager". I normally do this kind of thing locally and then ftp updates but I was there so just did it. Bad move...
When you edit a file via the web interface, it changes it from "unix format" to "dos format" and such files don't work on the server - I found out quickly when I added one character to a cgi script and got a free format conversion thrown in.  Huh
Just curious why this would happen to files on a Linux server when it needs text files to be in unix format for them to be executable properly.

3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Why does the Hostopia File Manager editor change file formats?

I get server 5xx errors if I try modifying CGI scripts using the File Manager. Whilst our implementation is solely *nix-based, Hostopia do have Windows filers connected to their server cluster too, so other partners will have customers that use the File Manager to manipulate stuff in a Windows environment.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

starfry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

At least I am not alone then  Smiley
I also noticed today that, on two occasions, some of my files lost all of their access permissions (i.e. they became 000). I couldn't fix it using my client (Filezilla) except by deleting and re-uploading. Strange...
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Looking at your other thread, that's not the only thing wrong with your account Undecided

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵