cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are Madasafish Domains not auto-renewing?

zebra1977
Hooked

Why are Madasafish Domains not auto-renewing?

Hi

I've had hassle renewing the Madasafish domain I’ve had 10+ years for email, along with many others looking at this forum. If I hadn’t seen and followed up the Nominet email I’d have lost the domain, as PlusNet are the registrar.

Please could someone explain why this has suddenly happened?

And why I’ll have to contact you again next year to get it renewed?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Why are Madasafish Domains not auto-renewing?

Thanks for getting in touch @zebra1977 

I'm sorry to see your domain expired you were unaware of. Unfortunately for some time now domain management has been manual work and for domains held on Madasafish accounts, there's no option for us to proactively renew these.

It looks like you've got a Plusnet account with us so I'd recommend we move your domain over to that, because domains held on a Plusnet account are handled in a slightly different way in that we can proactively renew these if requested (We can put a marker on the domain records in our domain control system which says you want it renewing)

There are also other benefits of having a domain on a Plusnet account such as custom DNS and if you have a website then you'd have the website address as http://domainname as well as http://www.domainname

If you'd want to go ahead, could you send me a PM with the best time for a call as I'd need to call you back to pass our data protection process first making sure you're happy with this.

I'd then raise a task with our NetOps team and they'd remove the domain from the Madasfish account, change the registrar and name servers from Madasafish to Force9 (That's still us), then add the domain onto the Plusnet account.

This is normally relatively seamless with up to 30 minutes of downtime, however if there any issues with activating the domain on the Plusnet account there may be a couple days of downtime however we'd work to get it sorted as soon as possible to bring any downtime to an absolute minimum.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
zebra1977
Hooked

Hi, thank you for this.

I messaged you on Friday - I’m available this afternoon to sort this out.

Many thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @zebra1977

I've messaged you back now

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet