cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who to lobby to get fibre exchange installed...

spartagates

Who to lobby to get fibre exchange installed...

I live in bit of a rural setting in the Scottish Borders. Our line speed on ADSL is 2-3mb on a good day. With 2 kids and youtube, the line is not coping at all. Our exchange is about 4 miles away. Up the road (less than 2 miles), an even smaller village managed to just get a new exchange installed, 77mb fibre up there now. Apparently they complained and harassed to get a new exchange put in but it worked. I have not managed to find out how, but does anyone else have any ideas of how to do this, or is it better to just wait until the USO comes in and then start harassing? Apologies if in the wrong section btw!

4 REPLIES 4
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Re: Who to lobby to get fibre exchange installed...

Hi @spartagates, I'm afraid we do not have control over the Fibre availability on the Openreach Network, this is directly in the hands of Openreach. I am sorry that I couldn't be of any further assistance.

spartagates

Thanks for the reply. I totally understand and don't expect you to be able to. I was just wondering if anyone out there had some success, maybe going direct to Openreach, lobbying MP's (don't laugh!) and so on.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@spartagates wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I totally understand and don't expect you to be able to. I was just wondering if anyone out there had some success, maybe going direct to Openreach, lobbying MP's (don't laugh!) and so on.

Try all these plus check whether your local or county council have any plans in place to support local broadband roll out. Ours has so it might be worth lobbying councillors as well. 

Taking another tack, can you get a decent mobile signal? Mobile broadband is now becoming an affordable alternative.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'