Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When there is 'no internet connection '

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

When there is 'no internet connection '

When that happens, could it be because more than one device is trying to access the router at the exact same time?

I'm no top techie when it comes to these sort of things but it does seem to me that the router can only handle one connect request. Maybe it's just coincidence, but it does seem that when more than one device 'fires up' at about the same time such as the smart TV, phone or Kindle, that it's not unusual to get that  'no internet connection' message. 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: When there is 'no internet connection '

Shouldn't be the case, @Minivanman - I regularly have lappy, kindle and iPad on together with no problem (using  TG582N router).

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

It most certainly shouldn't. However I guess that it comes down to how well your particular router was designed. Alternatively you may have an obscure fault developing within the router circuitry.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Minivanman
Legend

It works fine when all are connected, perhaps I should have been clearer.

I was just wondering if and why it happened when two or more devices tried to connect at the same time. 

Cheers Thumbs_Up

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Minivanman

Thanks for getting in touch.

Agree with everything that's been posted so far.

Is this issue occurring with one of our routers (if so, which one?) or a 3rd party device?

Thanks,

Dave

Minivanman
Legend

@RandallFlagg

The router was fitted and supplied by the BT engineer when he came to hook up our FTTP as the one from Plusnet had not turned up. No big issue as things work fine, it was just the odd occasion when more than one device (or so it seemed) wanted to connect at the same time.

Cheers Thumbs_Up

Herman Melville
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

My Panasonic smart TV sometimes reestablishes its connection to the router, and manages that but then complains a connection to the internet is not possible. Without any solid evidence I put this down to the TV saying "hello router, please can I lease an IP?" with the router responding "you've already got one". Then follows "no I haven't", "yes you have", "no I haven't", ..., until time out.

I usually restart my fibre router and all is well.

David
Minivanman
Legend

Same here with our Panasonic, not so smart after all eh. Wink

Herman Melville