Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best way to leave PN?

FIXED
mmace
Grafter
Fixes: 1

What's the best way to leave PN?

I believe my contract is up in March/April time. I've been asking to move my billing date back a couple of days for 3 months now, but they say it needs an engineer to do it, which I find ridiculous. Streaming TV channels are hit and miss (you need to move away from the channel and back again a number of times before they work), I had nothing but issues for the first 6 months with broadband constantly dropping, OpenReach came out numerous times, tried charging me for one of their visits until I got it over turned, in the end the only solution was to buy my own £75 router which they won't compensate me for, I also lost nearly 2 weeks of my annual leave from work to be in for them to visit each time. My account says it's set for cancellation, which they insist it isn't, but it's said it for 3 months, again needs an "engineer" to fix. To be honest, the customer service has been poor in these 15/16 months I've been with them so far and caused nothing but frustration, something I've never has since I first got on the internet nearly 25 years ago with a number of different providers.

What's the best way to leave, is it to inform PlusNet or to find a new provider and let them do it?

Do I have to send the Youview box back or do they collect it?

I have Fibre, TV and mobile.

Thanks

Oh, and forum email notifications STILL don't work, been saying that in my posts for over a year, never been acknowledged by staff that have read them.

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: What's the best way to leave PN?

Fix

Simple answer - Find another supplier once your contract is up (if you know when you started, just add 18 months to that date), and let them handle the move. Transfers have been 'gaining supplier led' for quite a while now.

John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry to see that you're looking to leave. 

I wanted to have a look into the problems you've mentioned just to see if there's anything at all I can do. 

From looking at ticket 186455761 it does actually look like we can change your billing date now so please let me know if you'd like me to take care of that. 

With regards to the faults you've mentioned I can see that the last response on ticket 185228986 does point out a way forward to get that resolved so in relation to the line. I do recommend seeing that through as the same issue would occur with a new provider unless you're looking to move to a fully fibre optic service. 

As for the TV issue I can see we looked at an issue for you last year which did seem to be resolved, going forward I'm happy to volunteer myself as a point of contact until and work on that with you until that's resolved too. 

I didn't want to miss out addressing the issue with email notifications too, would you be willing to see if they deliver to a different email address if you were to update that on the account?

I'm sorry for any poor experiences you've had so far but for the reasons I've mentioned I'm confident we can address all of your concerns and get them resolved. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mmace
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Adam, apologies for not replying sooner, I got no notification you replied Wink

I don't get dropouts any more as I replaced the router with an expensive one of my own and it's been fine since (I had underground cabling replaced, new drop wire, old connections on the pole replaced, moved in the cabinet twice, new master socket and 2 Plusnet routers). I cannot see the ticket you've linked to I'm afraid and, as has been mentioned in the forums in the past by others, we cannot see a list of previous tickets any more.

I just got today's bill through, so it's too late to change it I'm afraid, thanks for the offer though, if you'd like to move it back a couple of days for future ones it would be appreciated.

Nothing was resolved with the streaming channels, I was asked to take time off work for an engineer from Openreach to come out, which I cannot afford to do after all the times I had to do that last year, however, nothing is wrong with channles like Comedy Central, which we watch every day, it's only ever with the music channels.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hey @mmace,

I'm glad to hear that the dropping connection issue has been fixed. 

With regards to viewing those tickets here's some direct links for you:

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=186455761

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=185228986

As the TV issue only relates to certain channels it won't be related to the connection in any way. If you haven't tried doing so already it would be worth trying a software reset on the Youview box, you can access that through the settings menu when you hit the Youview button. 

With regards to the invoice date we'll just need to wait a few days for the payment to finish clearing through direct debit before I can do that. I'll set myself a reminder to look at that for you next week. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team