cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has happened to the ccgi access?

firkin
Grafter

What has happened to the ccgi access?

I've not used my ccgi facility for a few years  but now I have a use for it. I deleted all my old sites and mySQL accounts (to some extent) then tried a reset of mySQL; this went ok, but when I tried resetting the ccgi there has been no change although it stated that it would be reset in four hours.
Are the ccgi servers down or will I have to wait 'till Monday when PlusNet are back to full strength for this change to take place?
10 REPLIES 10
James
Grafter

Re: What has happened to the ccgi access?

Hi Firkin,
Are things running properly now or does it need a bit of a poke still?
firkin
Grafter

Hi James
Unfortunately things are the same as they were. I haven't received an Email with a new password etc. and when I try to access my site I get the following error message:
Error 403 - Forbidden
You tried to access a document for which you don't have privileges.

Perhaps another poke might help...
Thanks for your speedy reply.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Are you trying to login from your Plusnet connection? If not then that'll be the problem, you can't upload to the CGI service from an external connection.
If you're trying to connect from your Plusnet connection, let me know and I'll try to log in again from here.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
firkin
Grafter

Hi Chris
I'm using my connection at home. I've been able to get in via telnet and my FTP application; I couldn't get rid of the directories though so I opted to deactivate and reactivate assuming that this would clear all the folders and dross that's built up in there over the years. When I deactivated my ccgi space it said I would get an email with the new details, like I did when I cleared out  mySQL.
Chris
Legend

OK, sounds like somethings gone wrong along the way.
If you can raise a ticket asking us to check it and I'll get it looked at, it's probably going to require us resetting the password on the ccgi space too if that's ok?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
firkin
Grafter

I've raised a ticket Chris: it's 29234009
I don't mind you resetting the password at all...
cheers
Chris
Legend

Cheers, I'll get one of our CSC guys to take a look.
firkin
Grafter

Hi Chris
Any progress on this problem? I've had no reply from my ticket which is unusual because I've always found it to be a speedy service.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I'll take a look when I get to the office. I suspect it's just a permissioning problem with your home directory (although I could be wrong)...
Edit: I've moved all of the content on your CGI space to an archive folder in your root directory. I've also reset your password to the same one you use to log into the portal and put a test page up. It seems to be working OK now, give me a shout though if you need anything else...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

firkin
Grafter

Hi Bob
Something strange is happening with my ccgi account. I can see the changes you made using telnet but I can't access the index page you put up...(edited to remove email address).
When I use telnet or my FTP (terrapin) I can get in using my old password. I've since downloaded cuteFTP that will not allow me to access using my old password but will allow me access with the new one which you set up ( my main log in password).
I've been trying to download phpBB3 and although I can get on to the ccgi it won't allow me to unpack it. It gives the message that I don't have the permissions.
Is it possible that I have two ccgi spaces on different PlusNet servers?
Should I try removing my ccgi account again and reactivating it? As I understood it that action should have removed all directories on my space?
Cheers