What are Openreach and PN's turnaround for domestic customer repairs

Welshdragon
Rising Star

What are Openreach and PN's turnaround for domestic customer repairs

Hi Y'all

What are

1. Openreach's turnaround to repair domestic lines
  2. Plusnets turnaround to repair domestic lines
  3. Are they Plusnets & Openreaches turnaround times different from Ofcoms guidelines found at 
19 REPLIES 19
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: What are Openreach and PN's turnaround for domestic customer repairs

mpmc
Grafter

Having been with BT and now BT's sister Plusnet, BT seem to be slower at getting a fault looked at compared to Plusnet, even though they have a higher repair service level. Now I don't know if this is because..

• Plusnet act faster to report a fault to Openreach.
  • You tend to get more information on the fault from Plusnet. Yes you generally have to chase both of them up but Plusnet do better at keeping you informed via the online ticket system - once you poke them. Cheesy You have to ring BT/chat online and even then they generally don't know what's going on or prefer not to say Lips_are_sealed. This isn't to say BT's agents are worse in this regard but PN seems to have more information at hand. Shocked

But to be honest I don't think it makes a difference as to what service level is used, it just depends on how fast the provider pokes Openreach, in my case, PN seems to have acted faster. Cool_smiley

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I thought it used to take Plusnet up to 3 working days to even look at a fault report, never mind report anything to their supplier (BTWholesale for broadband, not Openreach). Or at least Plusnet had some vague aim to reply to a fault report within 3 working days, it wasn't some sort of guaranteed time period.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note.
Moved from Fibre to Everything Else
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Welshdragon
Rising Star

@dvorak

Can you please explain why you moved my post without consulting me and with no explanation, as it implies it has gone to a section that PN staff are unlikely to see and it relates to my Fibre connection and I require PN staff to answer it

TIA

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Welshdragon - I say that as it's not specific to fibre, your service provision or your account then relocating it was the best option. Whose to say that it won't be answered where it is, time will tell.

Welshdragon
Rising Star

Cheers @Anonymous

It does relate to my fibre as I have had the same issues for years, and Openreach promise then renege on they're promises to PN > Me, to send a REIN TRAINED engineer several times now.

It feels like it has been moved to a bin next to the shredder and the staff will NOT get to see it.

Plus not consulting me in't first place does not feel right, as they are making decisions about posts pertaining to me without collaborating with me and that is not nice indeed.

I guess that is how the Mods, roll, around here, making decisions without consulting the members they decide to make the decisions about ?Huh

What do I know, I am just a mere mortal, a pawn in the game of life, like everyone else

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's nothing personal I'm sure of that @Welshdragon I too have had an "Unhelpful Post" removed by the very same mod, I thought I was actually being helpful due to the nature of the OP post, but @dvorak was of a different opinion, so fair enough, no harm done he knows what he's doing.

As for consulting you then that would add to their already heavy burden, so I understand why it's not done that way. If you disagree with their actions you can always contest it retrospectively and if you prove your case then no doubt the action would be reversed. Also, being where it is now even if you think it's in the bin the bin to be fair is quite empty so has a better chance of being seen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes and no I suppose, it is a question as regards response times, but response times that apply to all so not specific to you hence the reason to move.

Welshdragon
Rising Star

You are being helpful, and I can see it from your side of the fence tbh...

I also do not think it is personal, however it seems that's how it works around here, but consultation and an explanation would be nice imho, as then it could of been worked out exactly which forum section it needs to be in for the staff to have the best chance to see and reply accordingly.

It appears that in most walks of life these days, lack of communication skills are paving the way forward, which does not feel nice in all honesty, the same as lack of common sense, to which there is an obituary about.

The whole world has gone to pot, that is for sure

Welshdragon
Rising Star

As it relates to all, then I cannot be excluded, plus I asked the questions for my self as opposed to others, albeit, it will or at the least should help others out with the same query
mpmc
Grafter

@Welshdragon If you really want an answer from PN you'll have to bring this thread to their attention if they don't respond within an acceptable time-frame, poke them on twitter like I did.

Welshdragon
Rising Star

@mpmc thank you for your suggestion, however I do not have a twitter account, and do not see the need to start an account with them just to "poke" a business that should respond in a reasonable time frame of 24 - 48 hours, with exceptions of bank holidays and weekends in some businesses.

If a business fails to respond in a reasonable time-frame, it looks bad for them and is certainly negligent tbh (employee law 101)

Is it me or the bigger the business or when a business has been bought up, the demographics change to the worse, especially with umbrella companies ?Huh

danheard
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us, I will try to answer your queries as best that I can.

Openreach offer a 3 working day lead time for a response to any fault raised, they class this as a response time rather than a repair time as depending on the fault this may not be able to be repaired without further investigation/work.

We ourselves advise that once a response is received from Openreach we work on a 3 day lead time to contact the customer. We cannot offer a definitive turnaround time for faults repair as this can differ dependent on the fault. Most basic faults however will be resolved within the 3 day period once raised to Openreach.

In regards to the guidlines set out, these are as you advise guidelines which all companies aim for. However this is not always viable as faults may become complicated with further work such as dig/overhead work required. If this is the case we will always ensure that we update our customers with the new estimated response time offered by Openreach.

If you require any further information please let us know.

Daniel Heard
 Plusnet Staff