cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webstats not generated - again - (16th December)

Tony_W
Grafter

Webstats not generated - again - (16th December)

Just like yesterday these were not generated today.
They are still showing those generated on the 15th December.
No service post except that one from yesterday saying that they have 'identified the problem' and resolved it.
Tony
7 REPLIES 7
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: Webstats not generated - again - (16th December)

Quote from: Tony
No service post except that one from yesterday saying that they have 'identified the problem' and resolved it.

Bob's post yesterday here maybe gives more detail of what actually happened 😕
No webstats today here either, so I'd guess this is a repeat of what happened yesterday.  But it will be under review, so I'd guess will be picked up fairly promptly that they've failed to generate today.
Hopefully whatever the underlying problem is, can be fixed without too much hassle.  The stats here generated okay around mid-day yesterday, though I didn't post back later as everything had already been dealt with.
Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

It's not the same as yesterday. Unfortunately the crontab that the job is run from was updated with an incorrect entry, so it didn't run any of it's jobs. Webstats has now been manually kicked off.
kdiment
Rising Star

So, if it's not one thing it's another. It does make me wonder whether all PN's computers run unattended at night. If anyone is there how is it that they don't notice when something is wrong?
  - Keith
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

The offices are only attended by the support staff in the evenings/early mornings unless there's a maintenance/development work being carried out. We have quite a comprehensive monitoring platform that the support folk keep their eye on, if anything untoward is flagged then an engineer/developer is called out. At the moment, the webstats monitoring alerts are not working as well as we would like which is why it's getting missed.
Anyway, for those that haven't seen it, there's a Service Status thread open about this now.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Ben_Brown
Grafter

Webstats has finished processing now.
Tony_W
Grafter

Yes, I've got mine now - thanks  for your help.
Tony
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Tony
I've got mine now

... yes, those here are in too.  Much appreciated Smiley
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.