cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webstats not generated (again) 12th February

Tony_W
Grafter

Webstats not generated (again) 12th February

Webstats still showing those generated yesterday.
Nothing on the service status web page.
Can someone please kick the webstats script.
Tony
[edit] question number 52039278 raised.
21 REPLIES 21
kdiment
Rising Star

Re: Webstats not generated (again) 12th February

It looks to me as though webstats were generated early this morning, but for the wrong day. The new file is simply a repeat of the previous day's file.
Keith
x47c
Grafter

There is something odd going on as I got a website feedback form emailed  from my miniwebsite
yet the webstats don't show that this "feedback form page" was accessed at all.................
Tony_W
Grafter

@kdiment  - they were actually generated late yesterday (about noon - 11:54 and 12:04 in my case) after a few of us raised tickets.
@x47c - the webstats are still showing Friday's access as the latest ones. So if your form was accessed yesterday, those stats have still to be generated.
There is still no service status post, or any reply to my ticket.
Can someone else please raise a ticket urgently or we will lose the days stats for ever.
Tony
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Tony
Can someone else please raise a ticket urgently or we will lose the days stats for ever.

done Smiley
ticket #52059417

Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

In my case "new" logs were, in fact, generated this morning, but their content is identical to that for the previous day (10/02/2012). and they were generated between 02:00 and 03:00 this morning instead of the normal 04:30 to 05:30.
Question 52059487 raised.
David
David
pengyou
Grafter

Same here. New log file generated this morning at 02:36 (about two hours earlier than usual) but it contained exactly the same information as the file which eventually appeared yesterday (so I have two copies of the logs for 10 February).
Raised ticket 52059733 but do not have high hopes as webstats problems between Friday and Sunday often result in data being lost completely.
Tony_W
Grafter

Looks like I may be in a minority, having had no webstats processed today - at any time. Sorry for doubting you kdiment  :-[.
Thanks everybody for raising tickets - let's hope we reach critical mass.
Tony
Cathotel
Grafter

No-one has even bothered to pick up the ticket I raised yesterday for the missing stats so I added a new comment ref todays MIA.
I too got stats produced about 2 hrs earlier than normal and exactly the same as produced yesterday at 11am approx.  Those also contained some records from the 9th Feb as well as the 10th.
Getting a bit tiresome as this is the only way I can analyse and reduce the daily transfer allowance having got the dreaded 'you've lost your webspace email'  a few weeks ago:(
Pete
spraxyt
Resting Legend

I've just spoken to CS. Told the problem is being called out now and a Service Status post should be appearing shortly.
David
David
Tony_W
Grafter

I think that we have lost today's stats now.
Considering the first post (and ticket) on this topic was at 6am this morning, it is a shame that nothing was done.
Tony
spraxyt
Resting Legend

I've just called CS for an update on internal problem 70324. It's been called out to Networks and is apparently ongoing but no additional entries in the problem log. Sad
Fingers crossed that the action taken is to cancel tonight's stats jobs so that unprocessed logs are not lost, and can be sorted out tomorrow.
David
David
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI guys,
I imagine you've seen the service status update I spoke to the engineer this morning to double check that we hadn't lost any data.
Jojo Smiley
kdiment
Rising Star

Umm, Jojo, it is good to see some webstats beginning to appear ... but it seems to me that they consist of the data for Friday 10/02/12 for the THIRD, FOURTH and FIFTH times.
The first of today's files is (almost) a repeat of the file we have had twice before. The second of today's files is the same thing but with every line duplicated (I think).
I might be a bit wrong in the details but there seems to be no sign yet of data for Sat 11th or Sun 12th.
It's a shame, since you are clearly trying hard.
Keith
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks Keith,
It is starting to happen but the whole process is running slower than we'd like. Jojo's keeping tabs on it and has updated the service status thread since your post above, hope that helps - and sorry it's going on so long.