cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webstats missing again (11 Jan)

kdiment
Rising Star

Webstats missing again (11 Jan)

Evidently still nothing in place to alert staff to a failure to generate webstats (at least, that's how it appears).
  - Keith
8 REPLIES 8
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Webstats missing again (11 Jan)

Yes there is something in place. It was flagged in our monitoring systems when I got into the office about an hour ago. I'm on with the Service Status announcement as we speak...
Edit: now posted.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Webstats have (just) come in (both sets) but they look very odd, much reduced from usual, like only a small percentage of the day was logged somehow : /
Any chance this could be looked at, and the stats re-run, if there's time?
Thanks,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
kdiment
Rising Star

Thanks, Bob. It's good to know that failures are now flagged. I should have been a bit more patient before posting. The next step is to try to avoid the failures, but you don't need me to tell you that.
 - Keith
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: Penny
Webstats have (just) come in (both sets) but they look very odd, much reduced from usual, like only a small percentage of the day was logged somehow : /
Any chance this could be looked at, and the stats re-run, if there's time?

Yes, looks like something odd has happened.
The merging of the logs failed for some reason before the scripts were kicked off. We're going to try a re-run shortly, hopefully we can sort it (although at this stage I can't say with 100% certainty that we'll be able to).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

OK, the run has just finished. Penny, can you check your stats for me and see if there's any improvement?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

kdiment
Rising Star

I know I'm not Penny, but thanks all the same. Webstats timed at 09:01 contained only a couple of entries, but the ones timeds at 11:28 look more normal. Just a few duplicated entries early on but otherwise probably fine.
  - Keith
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks Keith, I'll clear the Service Status thread in which case.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Bob
Penny, can you check your stats for me and see if there's any improvement?

... wasn't here (sorry).  Dentist: : |
Just back now - have checked the stats and they look fine Smiley  best day so far this month.
Thanks for re-generating them Bob, much appreciated.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.