Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webstats missing 30/03/12

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Webstats missing 30/03/12

Just to flag up that Webstats haven't appeared here today (either set).
Couldn't see anything related, like maintenance work, on Service Status, unless I missed something somewhere 😕
Anyway if someone could start the run manually, that would be appreciated, thanks.

Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
23 REPLIES 23
kdiment
Rising Star

Re: Webstats missing 30/03/12

Missing for me too. Usually someone has noticed by this time. PN seems a bit slow of the mark today.
- Keith
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Mine are also missing. I gather it is being looked into.
David
David
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Thanks guys, problem has been raised (ref: 70913) and I'll get a Service Status thread opened. Today is turning out to be one of those Fridays! Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Tried re-running the scripts but they failed again (with an error we've never seen before incidentally). We're on the second pass now and it's looking much more promising. Stats should be available during the next hour or two if they're not already.
I'd appreciate it if people could reply to this thread once they've shown up to let me know?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

spraxyt
Resting Legend

My raw log files for yesterday have arrived. Smiley
Creation times for the set of files range from 17:07 to 17:56. Contents look OK.
David
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Bob
Tried re-running the scripts but they failed again (with an error we've never seen before incidentally). We're on the second pass now and it's looking much more promising.

Issues with the run itself doesn't sound good 😕  I'd thought previous issues were centred on Webstats 'just not running' (rather than running and failing).
I'd appreciate it if people could reply to this thread once they've shown up to let me know?

... just back here and both our sets are in : )  for which very many thanks.

It occurs to me to ask, would it reduce the load on the servers if people could 'opt out' of raw logs being generated as well as the Webalizer stats pages themselves?  We use the PN-generated Webalizer stats pages, but don't any longer process the logs to create a customised set of stats (so no longer need the logs).  Could people who have Webstats enabled, perhaps be e-mailed to ask if they need the logs as well (and that aspect deactivated for specific customers, if not required).
Just a thought : )  don't know if a useful suggestion or not, but thought I should ask, maybe.
Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
mikeb
Rising Star

Quote from: Penny
It occurs to me to ask, would it reduce the load on the servers if people could 'opt out' of raw logs being generated as well as the Webalizer stats pages themselves?  [snip]

Unless things have changed over the last decade or thereabouts since I first started monitoring stats via the portal and then swiftly ended up processing the data myself for reasons various, I think that this is (or at least was) pretty much the case. Portal webstats and raw logfiles are both opt-in and not supplied by default: Portal webstats are only generated if enabled  by the user via the portal and raw data is only provided if webstats are enabled *AND* you also specifically request raw data to be made available to you via a ticket.
BTW, yesterdays data has arrived ... thanks Smiley

B T Plusnet, a bit kinda like P T Barnum ...

... but quite often appears to feature more clowns Tongue
kdiment
Rising Star

Yes, yesterday's stats here OK too. Thanks.
- Keith
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Today is turning out to be one of those Fridays! Sad

... just looked at Service Status and saw everything else (eg e-mail, broadband, phone) that (also) happened yesterday 😕
The next set of Webstats didn't generate this morning but I'd think would hardly be a priority right now in light of everything else that's being dealt with.
Just flagging it up, anyway.

Regards,
Penny.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Today's webstats (raw logs) arrived late for me - 09:24 31/03/2012 for the earliest set, but ...
The ccgi set seems OK but the homepages set contains the same log entries as yesterday, though with one line missing. Weird Huh
Edit: The CSC tell me I'm the only user to query this. I was asked to raise a question with screen shot illustrating the problem which I've done. #53853406,
David
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: spraxyt
The ccgi set seems OK but the homepages set contains the same log entries as yesterday, though with one line missing. Weird Huh

How odd 😕    not able to check the logs, but the Webstats (both sets) are in, here, and homepages stats look vastly different from the previous day's (usage patterns Fri/Sat/Sun tend to be different from the rest of the week, so would have expected some difference from Thursday's figures).
Very glad that someone's been able to do the stats run, anyway.
Regards,
Penny.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

... just a note that today's Webstats run hasn't generated yet 😕
Wouldn't have posted here, save that usually the previous month's stats get printed on the first day of the new month - hoping it's possible for someone to start the run manually, if that hasn't happened already.
Did check on Service Status but nothing about today's run there, as yet.
Regards,
Penny.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

... just a note that today's Webstats run hasn't generated yet 😕

My stats for today (01/04/2012) arrived from 09:45 to 10:30 so I assume yours are in now.

How odd 😕    not able to check the logs, but the Webstats (both sets) are in, here, and homepages stats look vastly different from the previous day's (usage patterns Fri/Sat/Sun tend to be different from the rest of the week, so would have expected some difference from Thursday's figures).

The duplicate entries I mentioned yesterday are present again today. I wonder if the background to the phrase I've highlighted is that logs from one of the servers are not being captured for the merge? I've queried this in an addition to my ticket #53853406 which is yet to receive its first response. Sad
David
David
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

My stats for today (01/04/2012) arrived from 09:45 to 10:30 so I assume yours are in now.

... just looked, and they are indeed Smiley  10.20 to 10.37, as it goes.
homepages stats look vastly different from the previous day's

The duplicate entries I mentioned yesterday are present again today. I wonder if the background to the phrase I've highlighted is that logs from one of the servers are not being captured for the merge?

... yes, that could be a possibility 😕    I have some (very) dim recall of something similar being mooted, years back, early-ish days of PUG I think (so 2004/5-ish, maybe).

Regards,
Penny.