cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webstats log file with data for 23 September missing

pengyou
Grafter

Webstats log file with data for 23 September missing

Anyone else missing the log file with the activity data for yesterday?
The most recent log file for my webspace is the one dated yesterday (23 September, 04:02) containing the log data for 22nd.
The portal webstats show data for the 23rd so the stats appear to have been collected even though there is no log file.
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Webstats log file with data for 23 September missing

I'm taking a look to see if there is anything amiss at the moment.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've raised problem on this and let one of our networks team know about it. Odd that the webstats are created though.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pengyou
Grafter

Thanks for the prompt response Chris.
When I checked this morning I found a new log file timestamped 03:53 today (25 September) containing the data for yesterday (24th). Still no sign of the log data for activity on 23rd.
There has also been no response to my ticket (30114938). According to the Service Status page the average closure time is less than 6 hours yet my ticket has not received any response in over 19 hours.
pengyou
Grafter

Quote from: pengyou
There has also been no response to my ticket (30114938).

I found a response this morning but it was useless because it completely failed to address the problem I had raised.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi pengyou,
Unfortunately we can't get the raw log file for you, however the stats for the 23rd are available in your members centre in the Website settings -> advanced webstats section.
Sorry for the hassle, I'll have a word about the ticket as well.
Hope that helps,
pengyou
Grafter

Quote from: orbrey
however the stats for the 23rd are available in your members centre

I am aware of this. In fact I mentioned it when I started this topic and I mentioned it when I raised my ticket last Thursday (almost six days ago).
Given what has happened in the past when something has gone wrong with the webstats I am not really surprised that the raw log file has disappeared without trace.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Due to the way the system works I'm pretty sure that the logs will be irretrievable. Having said that, I've reopened the problem (ref: 58363) to have things clarified...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵