Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webstats - incomplete for yesterday I think

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Webstats - incomplete for yesterday I think

Today's webstats (for yesterday, 22/05) are about 50% down on what would have been expected (both for homepages and for ccgi).
I'd figured it was maybe just a temporary blip, but having seen Marteknet's post about ccgi issues, thought I should maybe flag Webstats up on here.
There's definitely "something not right" (traffic here as recorded elsewhere yesterday, didn't "dip" at all) so when I saw Webstats this morning I thought perhaps one or more of the feeds (or however Webstats is populated) had got unplugged somewhere.
Not an issue 😕  or not yet, anyway, but the cumulative figures will get skewed if whatever was the problem, doesn't get fixed.  Hopefully it's something minor - will aim to flag up again tomorrow if it doesn't resolve itself.
Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
7 REPLIES 7
pengyou
Grafter

Re: Webstats - incomplete for yesterday I think

I've just downloaded the raw log file containing the data for yesterday (22 May). The log file was timestamped 06:15 this morning which is about two hours later than normal. The last entry in it was timestamped at 13:32 which is unusual; my site does not get a lot of traffic but usually there is some activity in the evenings.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I didn't get any raw log files for yesterday's accesses implying no visits. That does happen some days, so unfortunately not clear evidence of a problem.
David
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
Thanks for the heads up, and sorry for the hassle - we've raised problem 71456 to address this (incomplete webstats) and Jojo is doing a service status post now.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: pengyou
The last entry in it was timestamped at 13:32 which is unusual; my site does not get a lot of traffic but usually there is some activity in the evenings.

... thanks pengyou, would never have thought to check the logs 😕 
Quote from: Matt
we've raised problem 71456 to address this (incomplete webstats)

Cheers Matt Smiley
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi folks,
just to let you know in case you haven't seen it, the service status has now been updated. Webstats are now being generated as usual but unfortunately the ones that were missing from Tuesday cannot be recovered, so please accept our apologies for that.
Jojo Smiley
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Thanks.
My raw logs for yesterday's accesses (23/05/2012) were generated between 09:05 and 09:37 this morning (24/05/2012), so later than normal, but their contents seem OK.
David
David
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Joanne
Webstats are now being generated as usual

Appreciated Smiley  saw this morning that the stats looked okay, but first chance I have had today to get here and post.
Quote from: Joanne
unfortunately the ones that were missing from Tuesday cannot be recovered

... not an issue - a missing 10 hours or whatever just for one day isn't significant - just glad that whatever the problem was, has been fixed, so that the stats will be okay ongoing.  Many thanks Smiley