cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webstats 26/02/13

Tony_W
Grafter

Webstats 26/02/13

The webstats seem to be a casualty of today's maintenance.
Can somebody start the script and post a service status please...
Tony
12 REPLIES 12
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Webstats 26/02/13

Hi,
Thanks for notice, I'll get this raised now and a service status posted.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

A <a href="http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1361884607.htm">service status</a> has been posted, we'll get the stats generated ASAP.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The scripts are still processing to generate the stats, the <a href="http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1361899425.htm">service status</a> has been updated accordingly.
Sorry for the wait.
Tony_W
Grafter

As they have not appeared yet, can I assume that these stats are now lost and will be overwritten by the following day's accumulated totals?
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Tony
As they have not appeared yet, can I assume that these stats are now lost

... well today's have run - though not till half-seven-ish this morning - and yes, there's a gap for yesterday 😕
Did check again around half eleven last night and yesterday's Webstats weren't in, which seemed odd considering the above posts, but figured if I posted late at night no-one involved in sorting out yesterday's stats would be likely to see it.
Hadn't quite anticipated that yesterday's stats just wouldn't appear at all, though.  A bit disconcerting.

Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
We ran the scripts twice yesterday to generate the stats, unfortunately this failed on both occasions. Yesterdays as you can see have been generated as normal but regrettably Mondays webstats are no longer retrievable.
The <a href="http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1361960385.htm">service status</a> has now been closed.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Chris

Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: chrispurvey
We ran the scripts twice yesterday to generate the stats, unfortunately this failed on both occasions.

... don't recall this happening before 😕  does anyone know what caused the scripts to fail twice, Chris?
Losing a whole day's stats doesn't happen very often these days (usually the run gets started or re-started in time) but the run failing twice in succession is something else : /
Some background info as to what happened would be useful, if you're able to provide this.

Thanks,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Penny,
I'm still waiting to find out why it failed, it seems as though it was a similar error both times. Once the new following days stats have been generated then we cannot retrieve anything prior to that, so there maybe could be the option of delaying that until they have successfully generated.
As you said it's something that is very rare to do this(twice) and when I have further information I'll share it with you.
kdiment
Rising Star

I shall follow this thread with interest too, Chris, to see what explanation you can offer. I had thought that things were looking up, with PN noticing when webstats generation had failed without having to be told by users, but maybe this time it is a different problem.
  - Keith
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: chrispurvey
As you said it's something that is very rare to do this(twice) and when I have further information I'll share it with you.

Thanks Chris, appreciated  : )
Tony_W
Grafter

Is there any further information to share yet?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately not yet no, we've been trying to identify the cause and as of yet have not found the answer. I'll continue to chase this up.