cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webstats (13th June) not generated

Tony_W
Grafter

Webstats (13th June) not generated

Still showing those generated yesterday. Some work on the servers overnight so may be late.
No indication on the service status.
Any news as to whether these will be available?
Tony
12 REPLIES 12
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Webstats (13th June) not generated

Hi Tony,
I've raised a problem(75630) to get the stats generated.
We've posted a service status and I'll update you as soon as I have further information..
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Quote from: chrispurvey
I've raised a problem(75630) to get the stats generated.

Just checked the webstats here and both sets are in (11.56am and 11.57am) but both show virtually no accesses (well, about 0.1% of the usual traffic levels).
Might there be a feeds issue, maybe, or are these figures likely to get overwritten later in the day?  It's been a while since I generated Webstats here so I don't recall precisely the mechanics of same-day re-run.
Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Tony_W
Grafter

Hi Penny,
Mine are still showing 12th, so I must be further down the list than you - probably less important ;).
I assume that the whole day's stats would still be generated on a re-run. I thought that they only got lost when done on later day, but I could be wrong.
Tony
kdiment
Rising Star

Still waiting for any sign of yesterday's stats here too Sad
pengyou
Grafter

Quote from: Tony
Mine are still showing 12th

Same here - hope yesterday's logs turn up later today...
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The scripts are still running and should generate the full data from yesterday when complete.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Mine are still showing 12th, so I must be further down the list than you - probably less important ;).

lol  I thought they just ran everyone's together.
Have to admit to being a bit concerned by the odd stats - like the run got started and then the plug got pulled.  A bit difficult to second-guess but I'd expect that you guys will all get full stats later in the day, but because the run was part-done for here, it won't overwrite and I'll be left with the minimal figures currently showing.
I could well be wrong, but from past history I'd think that might be the likely outcome, unless the original problem was a feeds issue, maybe.
... oh, just seen Chris's post - still a bit uncertain that the stats here are going to regenerate, but will check back later.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Tony_W
Grafter

No sign of them yet - at 6.25pm.
Penny - the script does one person's (or site) at a time until it completes. If it fails at any stage, people at the end of the list do not get their webstats.
Tony
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Penny - the script does one person's (or site) at a time until it completes. If it fails at any stage, people at the end of the list do not get their webstats.

oh, fair enough, didn't entirely realise it was a sequence thing.  However, 8.30pm now and no sign of an update. Maybe the fact that it did a partial output earlier, for both sets here, would be enough to stuff up the next run?
Just cleared the cache in case that was relevant, but still showing 11.56/11.57 outputs.
Tony_W
Grafter

Hi Penny,
Nothing here either. I was going to write in my previous post "I would now be very surprised if we see them at all today. The data generated tomorrow will then obsure the incremental data by overwriting the totals." but refrained from doing so because they might have still been generating.
However, the use of the word 'still' by Chris at 16:35 implies that they had already been running for some time at that stage, so the non-appearance of them over 4 hours later means it is likely that we can kiss them goodbye.
Frustrating as Chris was aware of the situation before noon.
Tony
PS I did suggest some time ago that a minor re-write would allow us to have a button which generated just our own stats to order (perhaps even the button we press to look at the web stats), but the idea was rejected because web stats were considered a low priority, non-core and not worth doing any coding on.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've called this out to our networks team to see what is going on. I'll update you when I have more information.
I was hoping they would have generated by now.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
Todays stats have not been generated successfully on the 2nd run of the scripts that were run. We're not 100% certain what caused this to fail, I'll chase this up to find out why.
Yesterdays stats will not now be retrievable unfortunately, but todays should be there for you in the morning.
We've closed the service status off.
Apologies for the inconvenience.