Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webspace to Host Photos for eBay

noz1380

Webspace to Host Photos for eBay

Hello all,
Just a couple of questions.
I have been with Plusnet for a while and am pleased.
I have never had webspace before, and so have never played with this side of the net! 
To get my head around Front page and web design I thought I might get rid of some junk and sell bits on eBay, while training up on Frontpage to create a smart selling page.
This is all fine and I'm getting my head around front page and loading to code onto eBay.  What I want to know is, can I upload photos to my plusnet websapce and set hyperlinks to that space, without having to upload a full website?
Please advise if this is possible and some directions.  I have already FTP'd some photos, but I dont get any links ect.
Thanks in advance for any help.
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Webspace to Host Photos for eBay

you can upload to your own web space with no trouble, but beware, a lot of people have had trouble with bandwidth from public viewable photos, one was of an airbus that was the No one Google down load for a while and got the users web space stopped for exceeding bandwidth limits
Oleo
Grafter

I use turbo lister and have my own custom html template. I would do something clean and simple in html, no fancy extensions or javascript. I laso use my own web space to host all of my photographs. That web space is paid for from a third party AND I make sure that there is plenty of band width. Some items have over 1000 hits and its a real disaster to run out of band width, it can ruin a good auction. Try having a look at some of the ebay community forums on html templates.
Good luck
decomplexity
Rising Star

Note that support for Frontpage was discontinued by Microsoft in December 2006. You will continue to be able to use Frontpage itself with PN webspace but PN will be discontinuing provision of Frontpage Extensions (the bit of Frontpage which lives on the server).
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
Tony_W
Grafter

You could try hosting the pictures on a Google Sites webspace - just Google for Google Sites. You can't store EXE files, but you can upload and reference just about anything else.
Tony