Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webspace permissions

gordy
Grafter

Webspace permissions

Hi there

I used to have a website hosted on my webspace, we're talking back in 2000, which was then removed for going catastrophically over my bandwidth allowance in late 2009, long story! I just accepted that and haven't used the feature since, but tonight I tried to upload a new webpage and although I was allowed to ftp into the webspace, I don't appear to have permissions to rename, delete, or add anything to it. It's been a very long time so I'm rather rusty with Filezilla, but is this something I need to have unlocked in order to upload new stuff?

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Webspace permissions

Hi @gordy,

Is this website still hosted through an account with us? Also, have you checked the contents of the webpage you've tried uploading to see if they are within the limits set at the time? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
gordy
Grafter

Hi there

The content from the original website is long gone, since 2009. When I ftp into it the files from the original site have been deleted, there's only the index file saying the site was removed and the webstats. The domain is still hosted by yourselves and points to the servers.  The files I'm trying to upload only amount to about 25MB but permission is denied, both to upload anything and rename or delete the existing index.html. The username is gordonsnewjoint if that helps.

Cheers

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for your response @gordy

We believe that your webspace may be archived due to the fact that the bandwidth was exceeded previously. I've raised a task to our NetOps team to see if we can get this unarchived, I'll keep you up to date accordingly.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @gordy 

Just to let you know, I've received a response from our NetOps Team advising that the permissions have now been sent.

Give it another go and feel free to reach out if you're having any further issues at all Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
gordy
Grafter

Hi there

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry I've been out of mobile phone reception for a few days! Just tried again and I'm still able to login to the FTP server, but I'm still unable to change or upload anything. Just 550 permission denied when trying to rename anything or create a directory.

Thanks in advance!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @gordy 

I'm sorry to see you can't upload or change files in your webspace still.

I've passed this back to our NetOps team to advise further and we'll post back as soon as we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @gordy 

Are you trying to upload into CCGI or standard webspace? The differences can be found here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/about-your-plusnet-webspace/#how-do-i-see-the-files-ive-uploaded

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet