cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webspace allocation

donne
Grafter

Webspace allocation

How does webspace allocation work?  If I look at 'My Webspace' it tells me that I have 250MB available and that I've used just 13 MB.  Is that the total of all my usage at PlusNet, including the files I have on the CCGI server?  If I sign up for the PAYH trial (residential free), would that partition the allowance still further, and can I decide how much space to allocate to the trial?  On the face of it, it seems I have plenty to spare, but I am not sure that I am seeing all my usage.
4 REPLIES 4
glyndev
Grafter

Re: Webspace allocation

That is the amount of webspace that you have used on the homepages server only.  Diskspace for ccgi, fp and the PAYH servers are not included in this figure.
The PAYH server tells you how much space you have used on there.    On the cgi server there is a linux command that tells you how much space you have used, but I cant remember it offhand.  FP server I have no idea as I have never used the service
donne
Grafter

Thanks for the explanation.  So is there someone at PlusNet adding up my usage on all the different servers and comparing it to the 250MB allowance - or do I get 250MB on each?
glyndev
Grafter

Only 250meg total. The overall total does get worked out and if you exceed your limit they will let you know.
I would sign up for PAYH and move your cgi site over to that rather than waiting until the cgi server is due to be de-comissioned in april.
donne
Grafter

Thanks for the advice.  I think that is what I shall do.  I was just a bit cautious, not being sure how difficult it would be to migrate the site.  So I thought it would be a good idea to keep the old cgi one while experimenting with PAYH, provided I had enough webspace to do it - hence my concern with finding out what I had used. I still haven't worked out how to get the system to tell me how much on space on the cgi server is used.  I can make an estimate from the size of the site files sitting on my PC, which indicates I should have plenty to space to spare unless there is a big overhead I don't know about.