cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website slow loading time .htaccess issue?

Vega
Rising Star

Website slow loading time .htaccess issue?

Hi
I currently have 3 domains and they all point to 3 different area's of my PN ccgi webspace (via the .htaccess file)
One of my sites takes 20+ seconds to load and I'm doing a  a procecss of elimination to get to the bottom of it. I need someone to check that I am implementing the hosting side of things correctly as I am not too hot on this side of things. Here is how I have implemented my redirects in my /htaccess file which works perfeclty ...   (remove <> as they are for descriptions purposes only)
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^([^.]+\.)?<my domain1>\.info$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/<website 1 folder in ccgi space>/
RewriteRule (.*) /<website 1 folder in ccgi space>/$1
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^([^.]+\.)?<my domain2>\.org\.uk$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/<website 2 folder in ccgi space>/
RewriteRule (.*) /<website 2 folder in ccgi space>/$1
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^([^.]+\.)?<my domain3>\.co\.uk$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/website 3 folder in ccgi space/
RewriteRule (.*) <website 3 folder in ccgi space>/$1

Is this the most effective way to redirect them?
Having run seositecheckup.com it has warned that

Your site's IP xx.xxx.x.x does not redirect to your site's domain name. This could cause duplicate content problems if a search engine indexes your site under both its IP and domain name.

Does this matter?
The site in question is www.sounds-familiar.info... is it possible that the slow load speed is just down to the content of youtube vid requests?
Thanks for any help
2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Website slow loading time .htaccess issue?

The last line in your .htaccess list should have a / in front of <website 3 but I assume that is a typo. Otherwise what you are doing seems OK. The .htaccess file shouldn't be causing delays, especially to just one site.
Since you are on shared hosting all your domains along with mine and those of everyone else on the cluster share the same IP. So there's no way for reverse DNS to single out any particular site. It would be a poor search engine that got confused by this. Seemingly duplicate content is more likely to result from not choosing www or non-www as the primary URL for the site and redirecting "the other" to the primary one.
The link you provided to the site lacks an 'i' but I assume that is a typo. Loading the site didn't appear to take a long time for me. Being a WordPress site means it will check for WordPress updates from time to time, and if necessary update the package. But that should not occur on every visit.
What is different for loading the problem site compared with the other two? Normally videos should incur overhead only if played.
David
Vega
Rising Star

Re: Website slow loading time .htaccess issue?

Thanks spraxyt, yes both typo's whoops! Glad to hear it's loading ok. It seems to be loading better here to. Maybe the slow loading was just after I recently moved everything over to a Wordpress site (it wasn't before). IP address thing makes sense. Thanks for putting my mind at rest. Now I can concentrate on trying to get permalinks on images in custom excerpts.... Easier said than done ! 🐵
Matt