cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website has exceeded its bandwidth allowance querry

maximod
Grafter

Website has exceeded its bandwidth allowance querry

I have today received an email saying my website has exceeded its bandwidth allowance by a significant amount.
I have not uploaded anything in approx the last year, and the web allowance is 250mb, with 219mb used, and 31mb free, so what is the problem ?
Paul.
6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Website has exceeded its bandwidth allowance querry

Bandwidth is the amount of traffic not the space used. You will have a daily bandwidth (traffic) allowance of 250MB and it's been exceeded.
Do you have high-resolution images on your site, or attractive images that others might be hot-linking to from their own sites?
David
maximod
Grafter

Very strange that it has no hi res images on it, only some audio files used as reference for audio processing, and the folder was not linked from the main page.
I am on the value package and i find it strange that webspace allocation just happens to be 250mb ?
Just wondering, how long has this 250mb daily bandwidth traffic existed on this ?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The Value package doesn't actually have any webspace so no bandwidth allowance, however it will have carried over from your previous product. The 250Mb bandwidth will have been there the whole time you've had the webspace with us.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
maximod
Grafter

Hi Chris,
I assumed the limits of web space had been carried over from a previous package, but whatever package i was on 3 years ago, i never had the web space suspended for exceeding bandwith that must have exceeded 300mb on various occasions.
As my web space has little use these days i am very surprised  to receive the email of website suspension.
Could you please re instate it so i can ftp it and remove/change files then ?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Should be back online now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
kmilburn
Grafter

If you haven't already,  turning on the webstats should show what's going on.