cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website builder

amcbride
Grafter

Website builder

Built a site sometime ago using plusnets own website builder. Trying to access my webspace to change things on the site but can`t see how I can get into my website to change things. Can anyone give me an idiot proof method for me as its been ages since I tried to actually change anything.
5 REPLIES 5
klyne
Grafter

Re: Website builder

Not quite sure how sitebuilder works as I use MS Frontpage. I assume you keep the master files on your computer? If so you edit those files and upload via FTP to the Plus Net server. If you upload a file with the same name it will overwrite the one on the server thus updating your site. At least thats what I do. Do you have an FTP client for uploading?
David
amcbride
Grafter

I thought the master files were not kept on my computer, but I may be wrong which might explain why I can`t access the pages I want to change. Maybe I have deleted the files without realising during a cleanup of my system.
However even if I have, I don`t see any way using plusnets sitebuilder of writing a new web site. As there is no way that I can see of starting website builder all I see on the website builder page are metatag creator button and site submit.
I wonder if plusnet are having a problem with website builder or is it just me?
klyne
Grafter

If you have inadvertently deleted the files from your computer then you can download from the Plus Net server. Once you have done that you may well be able to update using a word processor program.
David
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Website Builder stores all the created files on the webspace as its a web based application (i.e. you run the page editor from a browser).
The files will have been put in the htdocs directory and images in a images directory within htdocs.
As PJ sugegsts, you will need to access your webspace using an FTP client (like filezilla) and will have to download them to your local PC and edit them yourself now as Website Builder is no longer available due to security concerns with it. You can thnen use ftp to upload the new pages.
amcbride
Grafter

Well have done what everyone suggested and made the changes that I wanted to do. However I find that one of the links to a data base works in IE7 but when you click the same link in Firefox then permission to see the database is denied. Any ideas why this should happen?