cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website being blocked by Plusnet Safeguard

sparkzilla

Website being blocked by Plusnet Safeguard

Hi, I run a political news site called The Majority (https://themajority.scot) and am receiving messages from PlusNet customers saying they can't access the site, because it is marked, for some reason, as 'tasteless'. We are only a few months old so perhaps the system made a mistake. We simply offer political commentary and would like to ask that the block is removed.

CC'ing @bobpullen as I read an similar post saying you'd be the best person to deal with the issue. If you're not, I would be most grateful if you could direct me to the right person. Thank you for your help

All the best,

Mark Devlin, publisher The Majority

1 REPLY 1
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Website being blocked by Plusnet Safeguard

Hi Mark,

What a refreshingly honest commentary.  I have a good few friends in Dumfries - the wife comes from there, now lives in Cheshire.  I arranged my brother's wedding at Gretna, amongst the best of Scottish warmth and a welcome at the hearth!

That is something of a short hand way of making plain that the site is fully accessible by Plusnet customers outside of the safeguarding space.  Have you heard similar from BT users?  I believe they both use the same safeguarding profiles.

"Political" the site might be, but "Tasteless" it is not ... unless you don't like salt in your porridge and cannot see what is stirring people in the face.  I hope the site grows in justifiable popularity.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.