4 REPLIES 4
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: Website Stats - why no monthly usage

@Oldjim wrote:

from my stats

... I don't think they've ever been there : /   Or at least, not since the version of Webalizer was updated and began to include kB columns, some years back (as long ago as the days of Ian Wild iirc).  I don't recall the specific details (though they'd probably be in the Comm Site archives, or possibly PUG's, even) but I think someone said it was something to do with Apache - sorry I can't be more specific  lol

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Looking at more detail - how do you see what your daily usage is to see if you are getting close to the usage limit

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@Oldjim wrote:

how do you see what your daily usage is

The kB in/out thing has never worked as perhaps intended - some sort of Apache conflict as I mentioned before.  I just look at the main stuff like hits/files/pages/visits.  The impossibly-wide columns (lots of figures) on sites-by-kB date from a couple of years back (flagged up on here when they first appeared) but again I don't think that's fixable, or not easily.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The kB In and Out columns are always empty because the raw logs analysed don't contain the breakdown. The kB F (Files) column shows the total for each month. If you click a month name you get a more detailed summary along with the daily information for that month.

However note that webstats counts data only for HTML text requests. Requests for images are not included (but they do count against website bandwidth).

David