Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website Hosting password problem

FIXED
Robot
Grafter

Website Hosting password problem

I have the (legacy) standard webspace, which I've never needed to use until now.

I set up Filezilla with the FTP settings - the connection was refused. The settings page says:

Password The password you use to log in to this website

Oh no it isn't, it is my OLD password that I had when I first took the Plusnet service, i.e. it didn't get updated when I changed my password for the other services (email, http, control panel). Surely a bug?

I don't need it changed - now that I've figured out what it is, but it was more than a little confusing at the time.

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Website Hosting password problem

Thanks for flagging, I’ll provide this as feedback to the appropriate team.
As far as I’m aware when you update your account password this doesn’t automatically update your webspace password, if you want to change that too you’d go to hosting.plus.net
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Robot It actually looks like this was an acknowledged issue and we believe to have fixed it on the 6th August. Have you tried to change your account password following then Here then log into your FTP server using that password?

You may need to wait up to 1 hour for the password change to take effect in the webspace component.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Robot
Grafter

No - the last time I changed the account password was before December 2015 (I don't have a record of it before then).

Are you saying that I need to change the account password, and now (but only since 6th August) the website password will change to follow it? 

To be honest, it isn't worth the hassle to change it and then change it back. I can live with 2 different passwords.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix
Ah fair. Yeah if you change your account password now this should automatically update your webspace password within an hour, but if you’re happy with having two different passwords then a well known phrase if it ain’t broke don’t fix it comes to mind. Smiley
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet