Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webpage help

czm
Dabbler

Webpage help

HI
I have finally managed to install a clan match program on to my CGI webpage (after a lot of messing around as I am a complete noob witht this sort of stuff)
Its all working fine except that the images that should be shown on the site are showing as those annoying red X's.
I have checked that the images are all loaded up correctly, which they are and that the path is correct to those images but they are still not showing up as they should.
not sure if it matters but I used filezilla to load it all up.
Again sorry for being a noob but does anybody now why this is?
Link to show the problem:
http://ccgi.crazymilk.plus.com/cgi-bin/vwar/war.php
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Webpage help

Hmm I've not tried installing vwar on the ccgi servers here for quite a while, I'm pretty sure last time I did it I installed it *outside* the cgi-bin folder and it worked fine. I'll have a go tonight if I get chance.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
czm
Dabbler

Thanks Chris I would really appreciate it as this is doing my nut in Crazy
I have installed it in the bin folder btw if that make any difference
Chris
Legend

I'm sure that's your issue TBH, perl scripts need to be inside the cgi-bin but most sites like vwar run on php which has to be outside.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
czm
Dabbler

Cool ok.  I will try it outside of the bin folder to see if that helps.  Shall I create a new directory and use that or just add it in to the main folder (ie not the bin folder?)
czm
Dabbler

YEAH!!!  Cheesy Cheesy
Thanks Chris.. Worked a charm
Cheers for your help
Chris
Legend

w00t, glad to hear.
Grin